ADVERTISEMENT

Open letter to the Round Table about KTR from @Rujon

RUJON

All Conference
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2001
As I'm writing this I know I'm taking a risk but I think it is important to continue to communicate.

Frankly, one of the reasons I started looking into an NIL Collective months ago was the ongoing concern I saw on this board and others that we were going to get left behind on NIL. Many of the comments I saw here spurred the action we took and we thank you for that.

In the last few weeks I think we've done our best to directly communicate on these boards and through the media what our goals are and what our approach is. We've also offered to have direct conversations with folks to educate. I personally have had a number of those conversations and will continue to have as many of those as I need to in order to raise the money needed to fuel our efforts.

That being said, I hope everyone also understands that this is a bit of a leap of faith on all our parts.

First, I know that many of you do not believe in NIL and that's fine. If you don't want to participate we are not going to try to convince you.

Second, for everyone while we would love to widely share information of exactly what we are doing and when related to deals we are working on, we can't. This is mainly because of privacy issues related to players and the rules established by Rutgers, the NCAA, etc. If you give to KTR, you do so either earmarking the money to a player, a sport, or to a general fund. At that point you "trust" us that we are being good stewards of your investment.

We are fans and all of us are also donors, we want what is in the best interest of the program and we will do our best to have THOSE INVOLVED WITH THE PROGRAM direct the dollars to the right places.

While we would love to share information about those deals so we can crowd source money for a specific situation (and believe me we would LOVE to do that) we won't do that for all the reasons above. But if you want to give so the money is there and available when those situations come up then please contact us, join, etc. We

Finally, if you want to contact a player and do an NIL deal directly. Do it. We think there are advantages to working through us (legal, accounting, accountability, logistics) but at the end of the day we want what is best for the player.

Our plan is to announce deals shortly so you can all see how we are working and hopefully start earning your trust so that those who are still sitting on the sidelines decide to join us.

If you want to talk privately about your specific questions, specific situations regarding what we are working on, etc. As always please contact me at jnewman@hodgespart.com. Others on the board already have and can vouch for my desire to discuss, educate and have the conversation.

Thanks,

Jon

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News