ADVERTISEMENT

Open Practice Today

Bring sneakers and shorts....they may need bodies.

Team is a big work in process. Had trouble understanding plays and coach was teaching basics. Even noted that players should have known some of this stuff. Some lack of hustle, coach had them running a lot. Team was exhausted. There were some bright spots. Have a blonde 'ponytail' that can shoot the three and looks like a leader. Returning players looked good. Players seemed to like playing with each other (having fun). Going to be tough playing up tempo with 8 but coach said that was the plan There was a 9th player that might be a walk-on but definitely not ready for prime time. We were kidding in the stands that the trainer will be the MVP of the team. Can't afford for anyone to miss time. CVS played with 8 some years but much were much more experienced. Looking forward to see how they develop thru the year.

Street et is good 3 point shooter, also very vocal. She said her parents come down from NH for every game.
There is one walk on, Smikle told me her name is Kayla (if I heard her correctly) and this is her 4th practice.
Other person I thought might be walk on was actually staff member Kara Wilson.
spent a lot of practice time working with short shot clock.
Players are still working on new system and working with players that for the most part have never played with each other before this year.

Reactions: Rocky72 and MADHAT1
This may be a sub-double digit win team. Its gonna be a long long year.
could be, but I much rather believe this team might not be as bad as expected.
Not saying it won't, but just trying to have a positive outlook before season starts.

The player to the right of Coach Washington in the third picture must be the walkon. She is not one of the 8 on the roster.

Last edited:
What a shame that C. Vic, left such a huge Mess, she owed the program a way better transition.

south park beat a dead horse GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT