ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2015 Audi A3 Engine Oil Consumption Issue

fg7321

All Conference
Nov 29, 2009
So my wife's A3 is now getting about 3 k miles on an oil change and then the Oil light will come on and the car is a quart low. Audi was sued for an issue with the same engine for 2009 - 2011 vehicles. It seems that there might be a class action suit filed for later years as well. How do i find out about that lawsuit?

Car has 88K miles

Anyone have any insights on how to proceed?

So my wife's A3 is now getting about 3 k miles on an oil change and then the Oil light will come on and the car is a quart low. Audi was sued for an issue with the same engine for 2009 - 2011 vehicles. It seems that there might be a class action suit filed for later years as well. How do i find out about that lawsuit?

Car has 88K miles

Check / change your PCV Valve if it hasn't been changed. The valve can get clogged and it can pull some oil from engine along with fumes and mix it back into cylinder to burn with fuel. I'm not so sure that many places that perform tune-up change the pcv valve unless asked or unless its on the maintenance schedule (if Audi is performing your maintenance).

I had a simular issue with a Dodge Dart. would go through 1 qt every 3K. Dodge finally mussta found a way to reduce/eliminate with a flash of the cpu. Still uses oil but at a much lower rate.
From what I read about dart it was a combination of things that pertained to 0 - 20 oil viscosity and aerosol being evaporated, pcv evacuated and other.

Car has 88K miles

Yeah i saw that but no law firm mentioned and it says the lawsuit was filed . How do i find out about that lawsuit?
The Audi oil consumption lawsuit was filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey: Jeni Rieger v. Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., et al.

The plaintiff is represented by Berger Montague PC, Capstone Law APC, and Ladah Law Firm.

Thank You !
The Audi oil consumption lawsuit was filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey: Jeni Rieger v. Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., et al.

The plaintiff is represented by Berger Montague PC, Capstone Law APC, and Ladah Law Firm.

Thanks!!!

Reactions: Knight Shift
Had this happen years ago with an Isuzu Trooper. Bad piston ring design. A known prob. They conducted an oil consumption test over 500 miles to confirm. Vehicle had 95k miles. They replaced the engine at no charge to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT