ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 24 Mets vs 24 Rutgers Football Message Board Threads

RAHWAYBOB

Junior
Feb 5, 2003
Please forgive me as I need to vent.
Early season Mets: Why did we pay that lousy Lindor all that money? We can't even trade him! Clearly, management has written off this season! Maybe we can get some prospects at the trade deadline.
Today: We are 2 games from possibly being in the World Series.
Early season Rutgers. Wow! We are 4 and 0. If we beat Nebraska, we will be in the Top 25 and heading to a good Bowl Game.
Today: If we can find 2 more wins, Detroit here we come!
Ed Kranepool thanks you and I thank you.

Reactions: Wagram97
Are you ****ing kidding with this ridiculous comparison?

The Mets are a professional team two wins away from the pennant…RU football is only good in delusionALs head and schianos fantasies.

Jeeeeeeesus! 🤦🏻‍♂️

what are you doing here rahwaybob?

really? this is your thing? annoying rutgers fans on a message board.. that's your thing?

Please forgive me as I need to vent.
Early season Mets: Why did we pay that lousy Lindor all that money? We can't even trade him! Clearly, management has written off this season! Maybe we can get some prospects at the trade deadline.
Today: We are 2 games from possibly being in the World Series.
Early season Rutgers. Wow! We are 4 and 0. If we beat Nebraska, we will be in the Top 25 and heading to a good Bowl Game.
Today: If we can find 2 more wins, Detroit here we come!
Ed Kranepool thanks you and I thank you.
lol ! Lindor was a great player before he every came to the Mets
Post again when Rutgers makes the final 4 like the Mets in the LCS

I am frustrated. I vented. Please accept my apologies for annoying you. That was not my intention.
I must have misunderstood. If you are a Rutgers fan AND a Mets fan.. this just doesn't make sense to me.. unless you were responding to a different thread but making your own thread to do it. Context seems lacking.

Aren't the people that typcially hammer Mets fans here just Rutgers fans who are yankees or Philleies fans? I just don't get connecting Mets and Rutgers fans in this fashion.

Now.. if you went after rutgersal for his typical ridiculous attention-grabbing earliy season threads which are really faux optimism.. or worse, misguided irrational optimism... then I am with you. But to assign some kind of Mets hate to all Rutgers fans who were reasonable optimistic... don't understand why.

I must have misunderstood. If you are a Rutgers fan AND a Mets fan.. this just doesn't make sense to me.. unless you were responding to a different thread but making your own thread to do it. Context seems lacking.
My point was that so many posters were too down on the Mets. Conversely, many fans, particularly Rutgersal had high expectations that are unrealized. If you question whether I am a Mets fan, please see my avatar.

My point was that so many posters were too down on the Mets. Conversely, many fans, particularly Rutgersal had high expectations that are unrealized. If you question whether I am a Mets fan, please see my avatar.
okay.. why not reply in a thread to specific Rutgers fans who were down on the Mets? You needed a rifle, not a canon or even a shotgun to hit your target.. perhaps even a peashooter would have done the job.

Not to be contriarian but it made sense to me.

Fans overreacted to early results.

2 things can be true. In many sports a team can get hot mid season & make a playoff run. That's just not the case for non top 12 teams in NCAA.

I don't question your Mets fandom, just your sanity because of it.

Each season is dynamic & doesn't play out based on expectations. Injuries can derail a seasons worth of expectations. Fans expect same level or higher from all their position groups year over year which never materializes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT