ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 40th anniversary of Jonestown

Hey! It was Flavor-Aid! More fake news ... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But seriously, there have been a couple of very good shows on the subject the past few years. Jones' son and the congresswoman are especially effective at telling the story of the cult itself and the incident before the suicide, respectively.

There was a good episode of Murder Made Me Famous about Jonestown. Pretty wild stuff.

"You are right that is where the expression comes from, but what many people do not know is that they did not drink Kool-Aid. It was some other flavored drink"
So the corporate PR from Kool Aid and Kraft Foods would have you believe. They got in there early and paid off Guyana police to have the Kool Aid packages disappear... avoiding lawsuits. :alien:

Last edited:
"You are right that is where the expression comes from, but what many people do not know is that they did not drink Kool-Aid. It was some other flavored drink"
So the corporate PR from Kool Aid and Kraft Foods would have you believe. They got in there early and paid off Guyana police to have the Kool Aid packages disappear... avoiding lawsuits. :alien:

FlavorAid............

Reactions: MrsScrew and 17Q66
Just watched a 4hr thing on Sundance about it. Lots of actual footage and talking with survivors and his adopted kids. That Congesswoman was part of it as well. It was very interesting.

Reactions: MrsScrew
Just watched a 4hr thing on Sundance about it. Lots of actual footage and talking with survivors and his adopted kids. That Congesswoman was part of it as well. It was very interesting.

strange that no one ever reported finding a suitcase full of cash and gold in the middle of the jungle... huh?

Jim Jones - Nancy Pelosi - Diane Feinstein - Willie Brown all straight out of San Francisco. Jones likely a CIA asset.

Oops...most of it scrubbed off the internet - thick as thieves they were = somebody wrote a helluva book about it - cant remember the author. If I find will get back but lots out there on Youtube

Peace out

strange that no one ever reported finding a suitcase full of cash and gold in the middle of the jungle... huh?

Yeah, that and I don’t think Jim was the only one doing a lot of drugs.

I find it hard to believe that when some of these folks that got away had figured out they wanted out that one of them didn’t kill Jones. If I would have been there I just can’t think that even if it killed me I would have gotten to Jones to get my kid/kids out. Them guys were chicken shits.

Lot of stuff just doesn’t add up to me about the whole deal.

Yeah, that and I don’t think Jim was the only one doing a lot of drugs.

I find it hard to believe that when some of these folks that got away had figured out they wanted out that one of them didn’t kill Jones. If I would have been there I just can’t think that even if it killed me I would have gotten to Jones to get my kid/kids out. Them guys were chicken shits.

Lot of stuff just doesn’t add up to me about the whole deal.

Jones had a security force who were armed. Those are the guys who shot up Congressman Ryan and the others when they were about to leave the country. Not sure how easy it would have been to take Jones out there, especially if you were known to be unhappy with the program.

Reactions: miket007
Jones had a security force who were armed. Those are the guys who shot up Congressman Ryan and the others when they were about to leave the country. Not sure how easy it would have been to take Jones out there, especially if you were known to be unhappy with the program.

I realize he had guards but I’m sure there were opportunities.

... Not sure how easy it would have been to take Jones out there, especially if you were known to be unhappy with the program.
Communal living.. would be hard to collect a group of like-minded individuals and organize. You'd be found out. Was there any record of him killing disgruntled members before the end?

It would have had to have been a couple guards.. but they were likely selected for their loyalty and likely rewarded with women and food and power and so on.

How hard would it be to begin to feel disgruntled.. not say anything. Grow that feeling to rebellious and not say anything. Not show your distaste for it all and then act on it.

I watched that documentary as well. Very interesting, chilling and sad.

Cleared out a bunch of San Fran wackadoodles, needs to happen more often! The documentary just barely mentioned the commie democrat block voting that fed jones’ power in the people’s republic of California.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT