ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Boston Celtics World Champions!

Back on the mountain top - wanted that one badly.

Full focus now shifts to an RU title next April. 😎
Was good to see this group of Celtics finally push through. Jrue Holiday is the pg they've always needed. Marcus Smart has heart but isn't as cerebral as jrue. Porzingas is also a big mismatch although they didn't need him in the last couple games..

Reactions: FrankZ
Still can’t believe Milwaukee dumped him, but felt like a title was finally going to happen again when the Cs landed him.

Reactions: Jerseylegends
I can't remember the last time one of my favorite pro teams (Mets/Giants/Knicks/Rangers) won a championship. Congrats.

Still can’t believe Milwaukee dumped him, but felt like a title was finally going to happen again when the Cs landed him.

Agreed

This group may be around awhile----no free agents.

They are sharp in the front office too.

mods please move this thread to current events or somewhere else. we cant have things like this pollute our great site.

Thanks in Advance!
Sincerely,
Dino Radja

BTW...pretty ironic that Joe Mazzula won a championship as a head coach when as a player I recall he was a terrible perimeter shooter.

mods please move this thread to current events or somewhere else. we cant have things like this pollute our great site.

Thanks in Advance!
Sincerely,
Dino Radja

BTW...pretty ironic that Joe Mazzula won a championship as a head coach when as a player I recall he was a terrible perimeter shooter.
Had to laugh at Dino Radja. Thought you might insert Brian Scalabine instead. 😂

Interesting that 2 southpaw relatively mediocre guards who played in the BE ( Hurley and Mazzulla) are at the top of their craft right now

I can't remember the last time one of my favorite pro teams (Mets/Giants/Knicks/Rangers) won a championship. Congrats.
As a Celtics/Mets/Niners (Devils are my NHL team but I barely follow hockey) I experienced a lot of winning as a kid but as an adult nonstop heartbreak/chokes. Even Celtics with 2 since I've been an adult should have several more under their belts (both the PP/Garnett era and the current Tatum/Brown era). Hopefully these guys don't get complacent and keep it up, they are the odds on favorites to repeat and can actually upgrade their bench since their top players are all locked up contract-wise and have the MLE to work with. And if Horford decides to retire, perhaps Brad can use his contract to swap his contract and a pick for Robert Williams since the Blazers were looking to trade him at the deadline since he's not a good fit and wasn't healthy last year.

Even Celtics with 2 since I've been an adult should have several more under their belts (both the PP/Garnett era and the current Tatum/Brown era).
I can finally move on from Joey Crawford and G7/2010. Been eating at me for 14 years.

chasing Lillard...I'm taking jrue over Lillard, he does so much for your team. They are missing Middletons scoring and got desperate lost a crucial piece and gave your rival the missing piece. Bad business lol

Reactions: AntiG and FrankZ
I can finally move on from Joey Crawford and G7/2010. Been eating at me for 14 years.
well that and Garnett completely falling apart fatigue-wise in the 4th quarter and letting Pau (who should have gotten the MVP) walk all over him.

And the year when we were destroying everyone, traded Perk away and then Shaq's career ended.

And what happened to us over the past 3 non-bubble playoff runs.

And for me, passing on Giannis for freaking the Hippie Goofy just because he could shoot 3s (I had Giannis pegged as a 7 ft Rondo which would have been amazing)

chasing Lillard...I'm taking jrue over Lillard, he does so much for your team. They are missing Middletons scoring and got desperate lost a crucial piece and gave your rival the missing piece. Bad business lol
you don't really appreciate how incredibly important Jrue is unless you get to see him regularly. Same could be said for Smart, but fortunately we got Jrue.

well that and Garnett completely falling apart fatigue-wise in the 4th quarter and letting Pau (who should have gotten the MVP) walk all over him.
The BS foul on KG on the breakaway Rondo layup that was disallowed did it for me - just weren't going to beat them and him.

Reactions: knight_ru
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT