ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Dana Tyler signs off after 34 years on NYC CBS 2 News

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
likely age related forced out. The other guy Brennen also was removed

Time passes by quick. I remember when she was hired and she worked with anchors like Jim Jensen, Michelle Marsh, and Reggie Harris....that seems like lifetimes ago. We all grow up with these people. Might be different for the younger posters but watching nightly news was a big thing for the older folk. Always preferred Dana over Sue Simmons

On another note Chuck Scarbough just passed the 50 year mark at WNBC

Kaity Tong is still doing Sunday News on WPIX Channel 11 and is 76 and recently had a lung cancer diagnosis despite never smoking and she has been in NYC at various stations for 43 years.

I had an adjunct professor at RU whose wife was News director at three of the big four tv newsrooms in the city, all within ten years.

These stations are often owned and operated which means some anchor decisions could be made for the sake of grooming a future national anchor, like Williams, Lauer etc.

likely age related forced out. The other guy Brennen also was removed

Time passes by quick. I remember when she was hired and she worked with anchors like Jim Jensen, Michelle Marsh, and Reggie Harris....that seems like lifetimes ago. We all grow up with these people. Might be different for the younger posters but watching nightly news was a big thing for the older folk. Always preferred Dana over Sue Simmons

On another note Chuck Scarbough just passed the 50 year mark at WNBC

Kaity Tong is still doing Sunday News on WPIX Channel 11 and is 76 and recently had a lung cancer diagnosis despite never smoking and she has been in NYC at various stations for 43 years.

We were a Roger Grimsby/Bill Beutel family

e1aeb80213f32d85c4bafe8136a7e5c1.jpg

I had an adjunct professor at RU whose wife was News director at three of the big four tv newsrooms in the city, all within ten years.

These stations are often owned and operated which means some anchor decisions could be made for the sake of grooming a future national anchor, like Williams, Lauer etc.

1996 was the big bloodbath at Channel 2 where they axed Michele Marsh (RIP), Tony Guida, John Johnson (nutjob E Jean Carrols ex), Reggie Harris, Roseanne Coletti,
img
Magee Hickey (now on PIX)

• Haha
Reactions: BossNJ
So I guess Dana was not an Easy Lover, Against All Odds it really was not A Day In Paradise. There must have been some Misunderstanding.
Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF
Phil Collins has had health issues and can no longer play drums. From the looks of his wife, looks like Phil was able to Turn It On Again, and he has a good support system--Mama!!

Phil-Collins-Health-ss-embed-3.jpg

Phil Collins has had health issues and can no longer play drums. From the looks of his wife, looks like Phil was able to Turn It On Again, and he has a good support system--Mama!!

Phil-Collins-Health-ss-embed-3.jpg

Guess he ended up “Throwing it All Away”. Must have been “In Too Deep”

Good luck to her in retirement, truth is she was getting hard to watch lately. Now ESPN needs to put Corso out to pasture!!

Reactions: ruinac
When we got our news at 6pm and 11pm. The TV went white wash in the 2am to 3am hour with the sounding of the National Anthem.
Channel 2 was still playing it before they signed on with the local morning news. A young girl sang it and I thought it was fake because her voice was incredible. After a little research she was indeed legit. Not sure if they still do it.

Reactions: Bagarocks
Good luck to her in retirement, truth is she was getting hard to watch lately. Now ESPN needs to put Corso out to pasture!!

See do you say that about 80 year old Chuck or when Grimsby and Jensen looked like cadavres

She is getting canned because of ageism ..same thing happened with Sue Simmons

See do you say that about 80 year old Chuck or when Grimsby and Jensen looked like cadavres

She is getting canned because of ageism ..same thing happened with Sue Simmons
WTF are you posting? It makes no sense.

WTF are you posting? It makes no sense.

Im saying she was fired because she is 64. Women get canned when they get older. Men not so much. Chuck at 80 still on channel 4. Sue was fired for being too old. Kaity Tong sued her employer WPIX over age discrimination

Im saying she was fired because she is 64. Women get canned when they get older. Men not so much. Chuck at 80 still on channel 4. Sue was fired for being too old. Kaity Tong sued her employer WPIX over age discrimination
Yes Sara Lee Kessler on Channel 9 too. But she was not easy to work with.

We were a Roger Grimsby/Bill Beutel family

e1aeb80213f32d85c4bafe8136a7e5c1.jpg
I worked with Bill Buetel’s son in the 90’s. Funny you mention “family”. Peter said their life was anything but family. Never had dinner with his father, family a mess. He was a 36 year old mess. Drugs, alcohol, smoking. Made me wonder where he is now. I guess i wasn’t a surprised.

Last edited:

On a related topic, I was relieved to see no one commenting about her looks and posting attractive younger pics of her.

Reactions: bac2therac
On a related topic, I was relieved to see no one commenting about her looks and posting attractive younger pics of her.
I always thought she was pretty. Still do.

And I think Chuck looks like a movie star. Still does.

I remember watching Dana when she worked at the local CBS affliate (Channel 10) in Columbus in the 80s. You knew it was only a matter of time when she would move on to bigger markets.

Topping even Dana's time in NY airwaves was Mary Murphy who worked at Channel 11 with at Channel 2.....40 years as a classy tough epitome of a NYC on the street reporter and anchor just recently retired...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT