ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Does Anyone Know Dr. John David Stier?

RutgersMO

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2001
Rutgers & NJ @ Heart
Just watched "A Beautiful Mind"...and had forgotten a lot.

3 years ago (2015) I visited NJ around July...and a family member (now deceased) said she knew / met Dr. Nash.

As I was reviewing a few articles on the car crash that took both Dr. Nash / his wife Alicia on May 23, 2015 it mentioned that he also had fathered John David Stier. In the article, talking about his brother who also is at Princeton , is a math whiz and suffers from delusions...it mentions Dr. Stier, who received a Ph.D. from Rutgers in Math.

Just wondered if anyone had any first hand experience with him...anecdotes .

Thanks

MO

I was going to post that as a reply....Dr. John: the Night Tripper.

Et Toi!

MO
PS Seriously I'm just trying get an insight into Dr. Nash / this case his child who is connected to us by virtue of his Ph.D. (maybe he's on this board).

Reactions: WhiteBus
I was going to post that as a reply....Dr. John: the Night Tripper.

Et Toi!

MO
PS Seriously I'm just trying get an insight into Dr. Nash / this case his child who is connected to us by virtue of his Ph.D. (maybe he's on this board).
Can't help you seriously but Dr. John could play it.

Can't help you seriously but Dr. John could play it.

I remember in 1968...Christ 50 years ago, I landed in Long Beach, CA as a Grad Asst. in Psychology.

After a couple of weeks I was invited to come to a musician's club called "The People of Orphalese". I wound up in a blues band ("God Only Knows"...we did play on the same stage as Taj Majhal). The founder of the group Boogie Bruce and I became fast friends...and he turned me on to the blues: I had just started to get the sound from the Yardbirds (e.g. I'm a Man ) / Stones (e.g. Spider and the Fly) ... not realizing that they were playing OUR music.

Anyway several times Bruce would throw on a Dr. John the Night Tripper LP...we'd light up, watch the Smothers Bros. and then Jam.

Those were the days!

MO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT