ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Haddon Heights MBB Coach resigns over Party with Underaged Drinking

tico brown

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2005
Weird story out of Haddon Heights, Camden County, where the winningest head coach in Haddon Heights HS history was let go by the BOE recently. It was related to an incident in his home when his daughter had a party with underaged drinking.

Honestly, I can totally see that happening without him knowing at the time. He just got ratted out by folks who probably have the same thing going on in their basements.

Sucks. One of the biggest fears I have as a parent. Is one of their friends coming over with alcohol to our house or someone else’s and then using me or my family’s an excuse.

I was far from an angel but I would never rat out another friend or family to save my ass. Also I would take it up with the parent not endanger their livelihood. People are f’d up nowadays.

Need to be vigilant

Star Liar Headline: High School In Rutgers' Home State Fires Basketball Coach Who Allowed Underage Drinking At Home

If he violated a policy or code of conduct that’s one thing - but for the BOE to call him an irresponsible parent and take his coaching job away from him because of his “parenting” seems excessive.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Sucks. One of the biggest fears I have as a parent. Is one of their friends coming over with alcohol to our house or someone else’s and then using me or my family’s an excuse.

I was far from an angel but I would never rat out another friend or family to save my ass. Also I would take it up with the parent not endanger their livelihood. People are f’d up nowadays.

Need to be vigilant
Good point about taking it up parent to parent. Wonder if something more was going on here with the folks who reported it.

Reactions: Scangg
Good point about taking it up parent to parent. Wonder if something more was going on here with the folks who reported it.
Yea they let their kid show up to someone else’s house with alcohol and wanted the coach to be responsible for their lack of parental control.

Need to be vigilant
Definitely a parent to parent situation

People with this fake outrage over something like HS kids having a party suck. Get off your high horse and don't pretend these things don't happen

If your kid gets busted at a HS party. Ground them for whatever time you feel is appropriate and move along

Hahaha no I was actually playing sports then!

I was too busy leading the conference in scoring and breaking my school's single season scoring and 3 point records
Damn! Where at? You still should’ve worn the blazer and wig during warm ups. Just sayin’

• Haha
Reactions: Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT