ADVERTISEMENT

OT: History repeats itself, this time at Wall Twp. HS, geez.

RUfinally2008

All American
Aug 20, 2005
Didn't this type incident happen at Sayreville War Memorial HS several years ago? Sickening, and how these things go unnoticed by coaches baffle's me. Parents want the Semi-final game cancelled and I can't say I blame them. Weren't there protocols put in place after the Sayreville incident state wide or only district wide for coaches to always be in a locker room until each student has left?https://shoresportsnetwork.com/offi...ving-wall-township-high-school-football-team/

OT first of all.

Second, any B1G East quality players on the team? If not this seems more of Wall problem and not a Rutgers one.
Yea, huge mistake not posting OT,😉actually there a couple of kids that are D1 players, not sure why this isn't a topic of interest just because it may not be future Rutgers players as was the case with the Sayreville fiasco 6 years ago. My point was, there was/should be protocols in place from that incident to prevent this from happening again. Sorry I threw you off without posting it as OT, geez.

Unnoticed by the coaches, my ass. This is just more of the toxic "we're a family, and we'll keep our issues in the family, and deal with it as a family" BS. Coaches need to be in charge, not let the mob of high school athletes be in charge.

whats with the broomsticks?? I had no interest in shoving things in my teammates butts when I was in HS. We usually just shoved the freshman out into the hallway when they were getting changed
As a freshman QB, I usually walked off the field with the Varsity to run a couple of plays just in case an asteroid hit and I had to play QB as a Freshman. I'd also run the Scout team, trying to run some plays the current weeks team runs. So some Senior shoved me into the girls locker room as they were changing from Field Hockey. Now that I think about it, not such a bad thing. It was my first exposer to sweater puppies, lol
tenor.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: newell138
Unnoticed by the coaches, my ass. This is just more of the toxic "we're a family, and we'll keep our issues in the family, and deal with it as a family" BS. Coaches need to be in charge, not let the mob of high school athletes be in charge.
100% correct.

That is true and very similar to what happened in Happy Valley. Well, everything except the "deal with it" part.

OT first of all.

Second, any B1G East quality players on the team? If not this seems more of Wall problem and not a Rutgers one.
Tim Wright graduated Wall High School. Ash had a walk on OL from Wall. Don't tell NJ.com. WHS class of 1985. We had some great teams in the early to mid 1980s

Last edited:
Man. All we did in wrestling was pin the guy and fart in his face. Some guy slapped the team captain's balls with atomic balm in the shower then ran for his life.

I remember him screaming, "the water just beads off! I'm gonna kill you!".

• Haha
Reactions: RUfinally2008
My son and I go every Friday night to different Shore Conference games, some also on Saturdays and are thinking either Sayreville 8-2 vs Middletown South 7-1, Pt. Boro 8-1 at home vs New Providence 8-1 or Burlington Twp 8-1 vs Rumson 8-1. We've had a great tour of the Shore Conference and we are thinking of taking a drive to see Donovan Catholic vs Bergen Catholic on Saturday but having never been there I was wondering if someone could comment on how big the stands are, both home and visiting since I'd rather not stand an entire game if at all possible. The RBC vs Rumson game was so packed and such small seating, we stood along the fence like 100's of others and it sucked to watch big time. Our top pick was the Wall vs Delsea game because I wanted to see a 10-0 Delsea team from a completely different area so this whole Wall situation sucks big time and impacts other schools losing games even Manasquan that loses it's Thanksgiving game against Wall.

Not your ass

Didn't this type incident happen at Sayreville War Memorial HS several years ago? Sickening, and how these things go unnoticed by coaches baffle's me. Parents want the Semi-final game cancelled and I can't say I blame them. Weren't there protocols put in place after the Sayreville incident state wide or only district wide for coaches to always be in a locker room until each student has left?https://shoresportsnetwork.com/offi...ving-wall-township-high-school-football-team/
What protocols need there to be in place ? Coach supervises kids and kids don’t try to ram broomsticks up other kids rectums ? Seems like a good protocol

Well forget going to Bergen Catholic, I pulled up a video, no stands on the visitors side and the stands are smaller than most away stands at The Shore Conference for the home team. Not happening.

My son and I go every Friday night to different Shore Conference games, some also on Saturdays and are thinking either Sayreville 8-2 vs Middletown South 7-1, Pt. Boro 8-1 at home vs New Providence 8-1 or Burlington Twp 8-1 vs Rumson 8-1. We've had a great tour of the Shore Conference and we are thinking of taking a drive to see Donovan Catholic vs Bergen Catholic on Saturday but having never been there I was wondering if someone could comment on how big the stands are, both home and visiting since I'd rather not stand an entire game if at all possible. The RBC vs Rumson game was so packed and such small seating, we stood along the fence like 100's of others and it sucked to watch big time. Our top pick was the Wall vs Delsea game because I wanted to see a 10-0 Delsea team from a completely different area so this whole Wall situation sucks big time and impacts other schools losing games even Manasquan that loses it's Thanksgiving game against Wall.
Did even think about that.

That stinks.

Yeah the Wall-Squan game is a big deal down here and not just rivalry on the field. Parade thru town with a bonfire afterwards the night before. Gets a huge turnout as does the game.

Nothing ever is good with hazing and broomsticks except at Penn State. They seem to have come out of that mess quite well.

I honestly do not understand why anyone does stuff like this.. why anyone helps others do stuff like this. How does it not make them sick to their stomachs just being anywhere near something like this. Like what I suggested about the paintball incident.. how about (after a proper trial) taking the perps and doing it to them in public. eye for an eye.. is that what it would take to stop this stuff?

I honestly do not understand why anyone does stuff like this.. why anyone helps others do stuff like this. How does it not make them sick to their stomachs just being anywhere near something like this. Like what I suggested about the paintball incident.. how about (after a proper trial) taking the perps and doing it to them in public. eye for an eye.. is that what it would take to stop this stuff?
In 2021 with what has occurred all around us , “ you don’t understand why” ? Very interesting. I say exactly what you say and think… many others in the country are fed up with and just are beginning to understand the complexity of the set up being forced upon us. This school stuff should not happen at the levels we have seen the past 20 years. There has always been hazing, bullying and questionable acts by school age kids but now it is highlighted by the media shills.

In 2021 with what has occurred all around us , “ you don’t understand why” ? Very interesting. I say exactly what you say and think… many others in the country are fed up with and just are beginning to understand the complexity of the set up being forced upon us. This school stuff should not happen at the levels we have seen the past 20 years. There has always been hazing, bullying and questionable acts by school age kids but now it is highlighted by the media shills.
Relax . The men in white coats will come get you for lunch soon

Reactions: BossNJ
There's a whole lot of wrong in this post. Or maybe I'm just not following what you're trying to say.

First of all, there's nothing going on in this country that warrants hazing involving sexual abuse with broomsticks. Being fed up because of the pandemic, or because of efforts to curb the pandemic, or because of politics, or because of social change... that's all fine. Be fed up. Who cares. But being violently fed up is not fine. And sexually abusing a classmate in HS because of any of that nonsense? Seriously?

Second, when I was in HS, the worst hazing that took place was some upperclassmen squirting shampoo into the eyes of some freshman in the showers. Nobody was sexually abusing anybody with broomsticks. The media absolutely should be reporting incidents of sexual abuse. And the kids who participated should be expelled.

Delsea gets a bye to the final . They’re probably happy about that result
I highly doubt that. Kids want to play as there are just so many games, and most never play organized football after HS. 100% disagree with your statement.

Delsea gets a bye to the final . They’re probably happy about that result
I was talking about the Squan game on Thanksgiving. Don’t really care about Wall or the playoff.

As @knightfan7 said, it’s big deal around these parts, especially when it’s a Squan home game. Real Norman Rockwell small town America stuff.

I was talking about the Squan game on Thanksgiving. Don’t really care about Wall or the playoff.

As @knightfan7 said, it’s big deal around these parts, especially when it’s a Squan home game. Real Norman Rockwell small town America stuff.
Yup. There goes my Thanksgiving plans. At least we still have the parade through town the night before?

I was talking about the cumulative effect on the state playoff

Yeah the Wall-Squan game is a big deal down here and not just rivalry on the field. Parade thru town with a bonfire afterwards the night before. Gets a huge turnout as does the game.
The Kubu-Barnes games were epic. Talent level has fallen quite a bit since then but we still get an occasional close, hard fought game. It’s also great to see everybody that goes back home for this game. Going to be a shame when it’s inevitably cancelled this year.

Reactions: knightfan7

Wait…WHAT?!

Reactions: ldwnmas and mildone
I was talking about the cumulative effect on the state playoff
Again…Thanksgiving game was my only concern.

Wish they were still a bigger deal and not jeopardized because of a playoff game that could be scheduled where it doesn’t affect them.

Again…Thanksgiving game was my only concern.

Wish they were still a bigger deal and not jeopardized because of a playoff game that could be scheduled where it doesn’t affect them.
I wasn’t concerned with either. Just laying out the situation

Kids think they can run wild especially since parental controls are sadly missing in all groups. Have you watched some of the profound garbage you or your kids watch? No there is a whole lot of blindness are your part as usual.

Is football way gayer than I thought?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT