ADVERTISEMENT

OT: IL MD

5 point game now. And Illinois has been called for more fouls than Maryland

Michigan St and Illinois are the top 2 teams in the B1G. Illinois only lost by 1 @ Md. in the first meeting.

Maryland is not the same team on the road, they will have 2-4 B1G Road record(lost @Seton Hall w/out Powell 2-5)with road wins over only NW and Indiana. Still road games with MSU, OSU, Minnesota and us.

I still can't believe there was no personal fouls on Georgi and Cockburn in our first game.

Illinois looked like they would run away with it but Maryland crept back and has the momentum going into halftime

42-40 alot of points

53-44 Maryland on huge run. 13-0 run...its 38-15 since Illinois led by 14

Underwood T'd up

Illinois cant hit anything as they are throwing up brick 3s

I'm not big on moral victories but says a lot that
RU was able to play this Maryland team to a standstill at their place. The Terps are ultra-talented
Jalen Smith is ridiculous.. he was who I was most worried about before our game and every time I see him I just know if he were a Knight we'd be unbeatable.

There’ve been some really great B1G games to watch the last couple weeks. Been enjoying blasting surround sound watching on big TV in the man cave.

Maryland rolls on the road. Even less worried about Illini @ The RAC.

Last edited:
53-44 Maryland on huge run. 13-0 run...its 38-15 since Illinois led by 14

Underwood T'd up

Illinois cant hit anything as they are throwing up brick 3s
The difference in the game was Maryland switching to a zone defense which stopped Illinois drives to the basket and forced them to shoot bricks from the 3 point line.Maryland is now showing they have the best talent in the B1G with star players in Calen and Smith plus other players that can make shots at crunch time.I think they will be a 2-3 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Reactions: RU MAN and shields
People need to remember how close all of our road losses were, especially to Maryland. We need to get over the hump with a road win but RU can play with anyone, period. Having one of the youngest teams is going to cause some problems but look how they handle road adversity by never being out of any game this year. I am still bullish on RU and this game, UM/IL, proves why.

Gotta find a way to grab one more road win. Doesn't matter where. Just gotta get one and our road becomes that much clearer.

Statistically speaking, just once we'll get a lucky bounce in the last minute, or their 3 will go in and out. Something has to happen in our favor and we'll get that coveted road win.

Sure would help if Baker played like his old self but he seems completely lost.

MD has stud players that stepped up and worked to cut back the double digit IL lead down to two before half time.

MD hit big shots in the 2nd half and played stellar defense. ILL only had 20 plus points in the second. RU needs to bring its top level defense against both these teams at home and limit empty positions.

GO RU

The difference in the game was Maryland switching to a zone defense which stopped Illinois drives to the basket and forced them to shoot bricks from the 3 point line.Maryland is now showing they have the best talent in the B1G with star players in Calen and Smith plus other players that can make shots at crunch time.I think they will be a 2-3 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
This. I hope Pike utilizes his zone against Illinois. Maryland was losing the game when Turgeon switched to the zone. Suddenly easy outside shots for Illinois became more difficult and they were missing them in bunches allowing Maryland to creep back in and then overcome them. It was IMO a great coaching move by Turgeon and I think Pike should seriously consider using a zone or at leas mix it in when we face them at the RAC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT