ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Janarion Grant with 102 yard kickoff return TD

I'm a little surprised he never got another look in the NFL. I get that he is one dimensional and that the return has been de-emphasized in the NFL, but he is so damn good at them.

Fumbles. That's what got him cut by the Ravens. Any CFL stats on that?

Reactions: T2Kplus20
I'm a little surprised he never got another look in the NFL. I get that he is one dimensional and that the return has been de-emphasized in the NFL, but he is so damn good at them.
He does not bring a lot else to the table. Since 2019 he has recorded 14 catches for 124 yards.

• Wow
Reactions: beaced and RW90
If you or anyone knows -- is his problem that he drops kicks, or that he fumbles when hit, or both?

I don't really know. What I do recall someone in the know commenting on back then was that he had a problem with the size of the ball. Don't forget, he's not a big guy for the NFL, 5'10", ~175lbs.

I don't really know. What I do recall someone in the know commenting on back then was that he had a problem with the size of the ball. Don't forget, he's not a big guy for the NFL, 5'10", ~175lbs.
Interesting! I have been told that college balls are a little (not much) smaller than NFL balls -- more variance is allowed at the college level.

I don't believe he has a problem with fumbling. A rookie like him there is much margin for error so fumbling consecutive weeks led to being waived.

He makes cuts without stopping at all - a silky juker.
Mongo conversely can slow on his cuts

1:15 Mongo's mum gives away his secret to 4th Q rushing.

Last edited:
Janarion was a game changing type player. The first play, and the insane play at 3:38 in this video shows some of it. He didn't have a fumble issue for us.

Reactions: fg7321
More recently. McGill’s old stadium was a dump by any definition of the word. This is a recent renovation.
Molson is a wonderful center city stade.

Not fancy inside, no tailgating lots, but a lot of places to have fun in the neighborhood.

Rutgers should play an OOC there. I’ll be in the house. Six hour drive from North Jersey.

Canadian football field is wider which creates more running lanes. It’s perfect for him. Also in the NFL preseason he fumbled when getting hit, not on catching the ball.

Reactions: retired711
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT