ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Lambertville's 40th Annual Shad Festival. April 22nd & 23rd 2023 11:00 am - 5:00 pm, rain or shine.

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Pretty sure I’ve been to 35 or so of the 40. It’s definitely not like it used to be as with everything, but worth a visit on a nice day.

Reactions: okieKnight908
Darn, I’ll be at the Shed Festival instead.

Why are they always both on the same date?

Well, the Shag Festival seems to be more fun. But you go do the Sheds.

"4 days of nature, creativity & collaboration in Connecticut’s Litchfield Hills, at a venue like none other. Come SHAG."

GoRetro+Guide.jpg

Ha! I’ve been here 10 years and last year was my first time at Shad Fest. I’m going again tomorrow. It is a fun time.
It's not a lack of interest but just seems like something is always in the way. Today I am attending the funeral of my neighbor Jack Bevis who's been a local institution around the Amwells/Rocktown.

Ha! I’ve been here 10 years and last year was my first time at Shad Fest. I’m going again tomorrow. It is a fun time.
In my 20’s it was regularly the same day as the nfl draft. Starting out at a sports bar in town watching the first round or so then heading to the river horse beer garden made for a great start to the day.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
In my 20’s it was regularly the same day as the nfl draft. Starting out at a sports bar in town watching the first round or so then heading to the river horse beer garden made for a great start to the day.
Wait, there used to be a sports bar in town?

Wait, there used to be a sports bar in town?
Yessir, Standin room only pub. A quirky zoning law made it so they could only have 6 or 8 bar stools so it was literally standing room only most nights. Across from Union coffee, I think it’s a bookstore now.

Reactions: ClassOf02
Nothing quite as lively as new hope but Bells on north union and the Hawke on south union are good spots. The canal bar at the Lambertville station is one of my favorites on a nice afternoon/night.
Good spots. Under The Moon just put in a new bar, but it’s a bit more high class. Not really a ‘grab a beer’ kinda place.

Lambertville also closes down much earlier than NH. If one is looking for a post-midnight party vibe, gotta go to NH (John & Peters, Green House, Havana, etc).

Attended my first one today. Weather was pretty good..but the clouds and wind made it a little chilly. I was hoping someone was serving Shad as I wanted to try it despite the overall negative reviews of the fish. Lambertville was alive as was the walk across the bridge to New Hope and the streets there. We stopped at Triumph Brewery for lunch and a few suds, Great Barn Brewery and Readington Brewery. A nice, unencumbered, Sunday afternoon. Readington Brewery won the day for it's beer and venue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT