ADVERTISEMENT

OT: "Miracle On The Hudson"-what you didn't know

RUhasarrived

All American
May 7, 2007
10 years ago today,Northern California's Chesley Sullenberger performed a feat of aviation that defied the odds by landing his disabled jet on the Hudson River.A movie has since been made about that day and its aftermath.

The jet,an Airbus A320,before going to its final resting place in North Carolina,was stored for over a year in Joe Supor's yard in Harrison.Now comes the Twilight Zone part.

At the time,Sully's Congresswoman in California was Ellen Tauscher,who graduated Harrison High with me in 1968.

Ellen chaired the House for the bailout bill in 2008.She was such a friend of Hillary that she was able to get her to attend her father's funeral at my church a few years ago.Somehow,the church is still standing.

That's one of those incidents you talk about for a long time.

Nice job by everybody involved.

10 years ago today,Northern California's Chesley Sullenberger performed a feat of aviation that defied the odds by landing his disabled jet on the Hudson River.A movie has since been made about that day and its aftermath.

The jet,an Airbus A320,before going to its final resting place in North Carolina,was stored for over a year in Joe Supor's yard in Harrison.Now comes the Twilight Zone part.

At the time,Sully's Congresswoman in California was Ellen Tauscher,who graduated Harrison High with me in 1968.

Ellen chaired the House for the bailout bill in 2008.She was such a friend of Hillary that she was able to get her to attend her father's funeral at my church a few years ago.Somehow,the church is still standing.

But the donations basket strangely was empty that day. LOL

The most twilight zoney thing about that is that it was 10 years ago ... I swore last year it was 5 years ago and I said there’s no way it’s already been 5 years. Now it’s 10. What the heck

I finally saw the movie recently. Man, the NTSB really put the screws to Sully during the investigation.

The most twilight zoney thing about that is that it was 10 years ago ... I swore last year it was 5 years ago and I said there’s no way it’s already been 5 years. Now it’s 10. What the heck
Yea, yer not 29 anymore

It was 11 degrees that day. Amazing no one had a heart attack standing on the wings with their feet awash in the Hudson.

On the crazy opposite side of that day we were sitting at the pool bar in 85 degree water up to our waists at the Surf Club in Aruba watching it on live tv. I raised my umbrella drink to salute Sully's amazing talent and success. You know how you remember where you were for historical events, this was one of them.

No they didn't. That was all fiction for dramatic effect in the movie.
I've read that since but neither Sully or the co-pilot have commented in favor of the NTSB. I imagine that it surely isn't as bad as the movie but it isn't as good as former NTSB investigators claim either.

I've read that since but neither Sully or the co-pilot have commented in favor of the NTSB. I imagine that it surely isn't as bad as the movie but it isn't as good as former NTSB investigators claim either.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-ntsb-investigators-have-beef-with-movie-sully/

Hanks told The Associated Press in an interview that a draft script included the names of real-life NTSB officials, but Sullenberger - who is an adviser on the film - requested they be taken out.

“He said, ‘These are people who are not prosecutors. They are doing a very important job, and if, for editorial purposes, we want to make it more of a prosecutorial process, it ain’t fair to them,”’ said Hanks. “That’s an easy thing to change.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-ntsb-investigators-have-beef-with-movie-sully/

Hanks told The Associated Press in an interview that a draft script included the names of real-life NTSB officials, but Sullenberger - who is an adviser on the film - requested they be taken out.

“He said, ‘These are people who are not prosecutors. They are doing a very important job, and if, for editorial purposes, we want to make it more of a prosecutorial process, it ain’t fair to them,”’ said Hanks. “That’s an easy thing to change.”
Which is like a non denial, denial.
I think the 2010 report from the NTSB that he could have made it back to LaGuardia is a sore point with the crew. Even though the report follows up that it was a better move to ditch. There was no reason that should have been put in the report as it wasn't reasonable.

Which is like a non denial, denial.
I think the 2010 report from the NTSB that he could have made it back to LaGuardia is a sore point with the crew. Even though the report follows up that it was a better move to ditch. There was no reason that should have been put in the report as it wasn't reasonable.

Whatever. If you want to believe what was portrayed in the movie, that's fine. Everything I've read indicates this was a dramatization because the movie needed a villain. The NTSB portrayal in the movie also does not match what Sullenberger wrote in his book.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT