ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Need help with FanDuel

scarlet letter

Sophomore
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2001
I have never bet on RU football (or anything else), but I signed up with FanDuel with the intention of placing a bet on RU/VT. However, their extensive list of college football games does not include RU/VT, so I don't know how I can place a bet on this game. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I have never bet on RU football (or anything else), but I signed up with FanDuel with the intention of placing a bet on RU/VT. However, their extensive list of college football games does not include RU/VT, so I don't know how I can place a bet on this game. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
What town do you live in?

If you are in NJ you can't bet on RU games along with all NJ colleges and universities.

Reactions: RU Golfer
According to NJ law, you cannot bet on NJ colleges in the state of NJ. If you travel to another state (for example, PA or NY), you can place a bet on Rutgers in the app (it can detect your location) but you can’t in-state unfortunately

Reactions: RU Golfer
assuming you are in NJ just take a quick trip to border for lunch, app will switch to PA mode and you can bet the game.

i recommend Fuhrer's in Portland, it's right over the border. beat up town. AMAZING cheesesteaks.

also in Portland, one of the last remaining footbridges that crosses the Delaware . what is pretty cool is the bridge was previously the last covered bridge that crossed the Delaware, until a flood in 1900s.

Rutgers +3.5-110
ML +134

Virginia Tech

O 46.5-105
U 46.5-115

If he was walking along the bridge, when would it switch to PA? Or does the Delaware river not part of NJ or PA, and he would have to be on PA soil? It would be neat to see it switch over.

According to NJ law, you cannot bet on NJ colleges in the state of NJ. If you travel to another state (for example, PA or NY), you can place a bet on Rutgers in the app (it can detect your location) but you can’t in-state unfortunately
If I remember correctly while in NJ, you can't bet on NJ colleges and you can't bet on any college games of any kind that take place in the state of NJ, for example if NCAA tourney games were played at the Prudential Center between teams like Gonzaga and Duke.

If he was walking along the bridge, when would it switch to PA? Or does the Delaware river not part of NJ or PA, and he would have to be on PA soil? It would be neat to see it switch over.
Would have to be in the state and preferably several miles over the border. Geolocation on the apps is done through a variety of methods and they aren't all exact. If any check comes back iffy, the apps will not locate you properly.

As a former resident of a river town, I can tell you I needed to be about 4-6 blocks, several hundred yards into NJ or PA for it to accurately pick up

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT