ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Mendoza Line?

BillyC80

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Chris Davis finished the season with a .168 batting average, the lowest qualifying BA in MLB history.

Yes and he’s in the middle of a $161 million contract.

Only in America!!!

don-king-hair-photos-3.jpg

I grew-up loving the O's - Saw Brooks Robinson, Eddie Murray, Jim Palmer and Boog Powell play in the old Memorial Stadium several times... Was in Camden Yards for 2 games during Cal Riken's streak week............. kind of lost track of them once I moved out west

...they are a complete sh%tshow these days...............

Reactions: BillyC80
I grew-up loving the O's - Saw Brooks Robinson, Eddie Murray, Jim Palmer and Boog Powell play in the old Memorial Stadium several times... Was in Camden Yards for 2 games during Cal Riken's streak week............. kind of lost track of them once I moved out west

...they are a complete sh%tshow these days...............

I remember Boog. Those teams went to three straight WS: '69-lost, '70-won and '71-lost. They lost to the '69 to the amazing Mets who just got so hot at the right time. Beat the Reds in 70 then lost to the Pirates in '71 after having a 2-0 lead in the series. Could have been a dynasty. Only team with four 20-game winners (forget what year that was) Reminds me of the 90s era Braves who also had great pitching, made a bunch of WS but only won one.

I remember Boog. Those teams went to three straight WS: '69-lost, '70-won and '71-lost. They lost to the '69 to the amazing Mets who just got so hot at the right time. Beat the Reds in 70 then lost to the Pirates in '71 after having a 2-0 lead in the series. Could have been a dynasty. Only team with four 20-game winners (forget what year that was) Reminds me of the 90s era Braves who also had great pitching, made a bunch of WS but only won one.

1971: Palmer, Dobson, Cuellar and McNally

For many of the hitters, .250 is the new .300, but with productive numbers considering. I had Stanton on my fantasy team and he had a terrible year as an every day player. Forget the number of HRs because his KO s negated those points. Major disappointment for a first round pick.

Wouldn't suprise me if the Mets engineered some lousy trade for Chris (not Khris) Davis.
oh God.. please no.... rebuilding projects with potential that does not work out !!!. we have enough problems... Stud pitchers...wish we had stud hitters

No, but this guy has his own statistical anomaly. He is the most consistent hitter ever. He's hit exactly .247 in each of the last 4 seasons.

This is crazy. The funny thing is that they took him out of the last game of the season after 5 or 6 innings to maintain the streak.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT