ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Paralyzed Man Communicates for First Time- Asks for Beer and to Listen to Tool

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Interesting story. Microchip brain implant allowed the man to communicate. What would you ask for?

"The future where it becomes possible to give orders without uttering words and only using thoughts is here. A German patient who was 30 years old when diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) was able to communicate in complete sentences for the first time in many years."

Coffee and the beach..

Fascinating article.
Tool is a solid choice. I'm thinking if I can't be moved out of bed, it might be Metallica, something from one of the first 3 albums --maybe the loudness and vibration would stimulate more brain activity.

For food or drink--lobster.

Reactions: Jm0513
I love how he said asked for Tool and said “loud”
Back in 1992, before their first album broke big, I saw Tool open for Rollins Band at CBGBs. Before the show, I walked into the men's room, which had really sticky floors (felt like my shoes were going to be pulled off my feet), and Maynard James Keenan is doing pushups on the floor in front of the urinal. He has evolved into quite the entrepreneur and world citizen from those days.

Music can be a very powerful influence.

Back in 1992, before their first album broke big, I saw Tool open for Rollins Band at CBGBs. Before the show, I walked into the men's room, which had really sticky floors (felt like my shoes were going to be pulled off my feet), and Maynard James Keenan is doing pushups on the floor in front of the urinal. He has evolved into quite the entrepreneur and world citizen from those days.

Music can be a very powerful influence.
He is an interesting man. I enjoyed all his podcasts with Rogan.

Interesting story. Microchip brain implant allowed the man to communicate. What would you ask for?

"The future where it becomes possible to give orders without uttering words and only using thoughts is here. A German patient who was 30 years old when diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) was able to communicate in complete sentences for the first time in many years."

Wow.

Pretty sure I'd just ask @MrsScrew to shoot me.

I don't expect an argument.

Ya'll will notice she didn't argue. She just responded with a laugh. A nervous one I'm sure.

This sounds eerily familiar (a nurse and a computer programmer) 😬 :

"She was a nurse at a fertility clinic and he was a computer programmer."

"That night, Melanie drugged her husband, shot him twice to death, and then dismembered his body. Melanie later put his dismembered remains into three matching suitcases, which were later found in the Chesapeake Bay.

The day after Bill's murder, Melanie started covering her tracks. She began establishing an alibi, claiming after a domestic argument, her husband slapped her with an open hand in their bathroom, stuffed a dryer sheet in her mouth, and stormed off. On April 30, 2004, Bill's 2002 Nissan Maxima was found outside the Flamingo Hotel in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Five days later, the first suitcase containing Bill's remains was found near the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. A murder investigation was launched."

• Wow
Reactions: redking
This sounds eerily familiar (a nurse and a computer programmer) 😬 :

"She was a nurse at a fertility clinic and he was a computer programmer."

"That night, Melanie drugged her husband, shot him twice to death, and then dismembered his body. Melanie later put his dismembered remains into three matching suitcases, which were later found in the Chesapeake Bay.

The day after Bill's murder, Melanie started covering her tracks. She began establishing an alibi, claiming after a domestic argument, her husband slapped her with an open hand in their bathroom, stuffed a dryer sheet in her mouth, and stormed off. On April 30, 2004, Bill's 2002 Nissan Maxima was found outside the Flamingo Hotel in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Five days later, the first suitcase containing Bill's remains was found near the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. A murder investigation was launched."

Gotta dispose of the body correctly. SSS

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT