ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Recommendations for restaurant/pub near Count Basie Theater

CranfordKnight

All Conference
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2006
Going to see AJ Croce tonight with my mom and sister, so looking for a casual hangout to grab a bite and dinner before. Nothing too rowdy for my 76 year old mother, lol. I see Triumph, Robinson Ale House, Red Rock Tap and Grill, among other more ethnic type places. Thoughts?

Going to see AJ Croce tonight with my mom and sister, so looking for a casual hangout to grab a bite and dinner before. Nothing too rowdy for my 76 year old mother, lol. I see Triumph, Robinson Ale House, Red Rock Tap and Grill, among other more ethnic type places. Thoughts?

Half a block away:

Half a block away:

Birravino is better than Buona Sera, even though the owner Chris is a great guy. Teak is great Asian Fusion. Molly Pitcher is on the water, has a beautiful view, good food and the bartender is excellent. And it's an older crowd. that your mom would love. The Bistro is a great byob. Gabriella's is good, especially the eye candy.

Tons of great restaurants in the area and I've worked on and off in Red Bank for years.

As mentioned above Buena Sera is the closest. Pazzo, Birravino are a little further but an easy walk. Much easier than Triumph, Red Rock or Robinsons and the others on Broad st.
Depends on what you are looking for. When I go to Count Basie I head to Jamians if I am with my buddies and looking for some drinks and good pub/bar food. With my wife, family or other couples I choose Birravino or Teak depending on what everyone is in the mood for. Birravino Italian, Taka asian fusion,

Have fun!

Reactions: CranfordKnight
Birravino is better than Buona Sera, even though the owner Chris is a great guy. Teak is great Asian Fusion. Molly Pitcher is on the water, has a beautiful view, good food and the bartender is excellent. And it's an older crowd. that your mom would love. The Bistro is a great byob. Gabriella's is good, especially the eye candy.

Tons of great restaurants in the area and I've worked on and off in Red Bank for years.
Gabriella's is expensive. Teak is good and use to have Teak Mondays specials, not sure if they still do. Do not go to the Bistro Red Bank.

It always depends on what you are looking for but Semolina has the best food if that's your thing. BYOB.

Teak is great and just a block from CB. Patrizias is very good Italian.
Buona Sera is horrible and dirty but it has the best location relative to the CB.

Wish I saw this thread earlier, @CranfordKnight.

Two already mentioned…

Juanito’s and Buona Sera are closest and more than fine IMO.

Wish I saw it earlier as well. Mi Lupita by the train station blows away Juanito’s. My fave Mexican restaurant in the area.

You guys need to check out the lounge at The Molly Pitcher. Some influential RU donors eat there while enjoying the beautiful view of the Navesink River. Monday through Thursday Happy Hour 4-6 with $6 mixed drinks and wines and $6 appetizers. And $4 beers.
View wise you can’t beat MP
Food wise it’s Buena Sera IMO

Reactions: goru7
You guys need to check out the lounge at The Molly Pitcher. Some influential RU donors eat there while enjoying the beautiful view of the Navesink River. Monday through Thursday Happy Hour 4-6 with $6 mixed drinks and wines and $6 appetizers. And $4 beers.
The bartenders are sparkling conversationalists too.

Did like Pazzos and would love to see a review here... and of course of the torture devices they call "seats" at Count Basie

Wish I knew about these beforehand. My knees are suffering. My 6' 4" son was quite uncomfortable.

Wound up at Dublin House, which we enjoyed. My son is a very picky eater, so some of the suggestions will have to wait for my next visit. Thanks all.
Am a "short" 6'1" with oddly long femurs... knee-caps suffer fairly often. Cannot imagine what the truly tall go through.

Wish I knew about these beforehand. My knees are suffering. My 6' 4" son was quite uncomfortable.

Wound up at Dublin House, which we enjoyed. My son is a very picky eater, so some of the suggestions will have to wait for my next visit. Thanks all.
I’m also 6’4” and Count Basie seats absolutely suck!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT