ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Angela Lansbury

".. is it murder?"

Her first acting role was in "Gaslight" in 1944... played a maid who was a bit too sly.

In 1962's The Manchurian Candidate.. which predicted the Obama-Biden Presidencies (just a joke, relax).. Lansbury played the mother of Lawrence Harvey.. she was only 3 years older than Harvey... but pulled it off.

She's been old her whole life. She played the old mystery writer who investigated murders in "Murder, She Wrote" from 1984-1996. It ended over 25 years ago and she worked in one way or teh other until just 4 years ago.

They can still hear her singing every day at Disney World ins some Beauty and the Beast show.

(I have never started one of these obit threads... but she had a unique career IMHO.. RIP)

Reactions: NiTeKnight
Manchurian Candidate, definitely!! For it’s time during the Cold War, her part in the movie was pure evil and downright scary!!

I did see that show with her and Len Cariou. She was great!!!!
I saw that.. maybe a theatre called Circle in the Round? Unsure.. maybe that was as it winded down and she wasn't in it anymore.... they had that weird sound effect with every kill... annoying as hell.

Reactions: colbert17
One of my late Mom's favorite actresses. She probably saw every episode of Murder She Wrote 50 times. But my Mom was a fan going back to the time she saw her in Mame on Broadway. She spent time with fans afterward, talking and signing their Playbills. She was always a huge fan of her since then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT