ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Carl Weathers

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
Greef Karga! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are planning for a Mandalorian movie.

adam sandler cinema supremo GIF

RIP Carl

Good actor - MA in theater arts - SDSU (Raquel Welch uni)
Some LB for Raiders
Perfect in Rocky.

"While auditioning for the role of Apollo Creed alongside Sylvester Stallone in Rocky, Weathers criticized Stallone's acting, which led to him getting the role."

Reactions: WasatRutgers
RIP Carl Weathers,
a DE for the undefeated 1969 San Diego State football team
( UPI ranking#18) and LB for the Oakland Raiders in 1970 (UFA) was released in 1971 and went to the CFL's BC Lions right after the Raiders released him and played there for 2 years before retiring from pro football

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimpeg
One of the great lines “Apollo Creed meets the Italian Stallion. Sounds like a damn monster movie!”

RIP

Also very funny as Tobias' acting coach in Arrested Development.

R.I.P.
I need to check that out. Obviously he was great as Creed, but those offbeat roles can be just as memorable. RIP. The tough thing is to see childhood icons pass away.

Reactions: colbert17
I need to check that out. Obviously he was great as Creed, but those offbeat roles can be just as memorable. RIP. The tough thing is to see childhood icons pass away.
He was very funny on AD. You know, back when it was actually....good.

Good actor - MA in theater arts - SDSU (Raquel Welch uni)
Some LB for Raiders
Perfect in Rocky.

"While auditioning for the role of Apollo Creed alongside Sylvester Stallone in Rocky, Weathers criticized Stallone's acting, which led to him getting the role."
He said if he could just read with a professional actor he could do better, not knowing who Stallone was and that he was the one reading. Stallone said that was like something Creed would say. Stallone is a national treasure.

Carl Weathers was a pretty damm good actor if he was known for at least 4 iconic roles like Apollo, Dillon, Chubbs, Kreef Garga, among others.

Kinda funny that me and one of my Goobers did The Predator Handshake for some reason last week (she won 🤦🏻‍♂️).

R.I.P. Sir.

He also directed a few good episodes of the Mandalorian. His characters were just cool. A very memorable actor.

Reactions: DirtyRU
As I said before, Stallone is a national treasure

Indeed - and it is right about Weathers being a big reason the first "Rocky" worked.
Follow-up films casting new opponents sort of gloss over how great Weathers was as Apollo.
He was obviously in a role that was inspired by Ali - who loved the film.
Ken Norton was the other guy who had a shot at Apollo role

Yes, Apollo Creed Was Inspired By Muhammad Ali - & Ali Loved It​

It's easy to see how Apollo Creed's character in the Rocky movies was inspired by boxer Muhammad Ali. And, funnily enough, the real Ali loved it.

https://screenrant.com/rocky-movies-apollo-creed-muhammad-ali-inspiration-response/

Reactions: WasatRutgers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT