ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rivals access abroad

onesimus

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2007
I live in Switzerland and had been using this site in Switzerland and all over Europe without issues until the past few weeks. Turns out Yahoo is finally cracking down on their refusal to comply with European privacy laws.

Unfortunately Yahoo says they can't help me (understandable) but also refuses to refund me the cost of my premium subscription as the T&C state that the service is only for US residents. Fair enough, the staff here (despite Yahoo) does a great job and deserve every penny.

So with that said.

VPN recommendations?

List of access from my experience.

Europe : No go

Dubai : No go

Japan : Yes (my current "location")

I live in Switzerland and had been using this site in Switzerland and all over Europe without issues until the past few weeks. Turns out Yahoo is finally cracking down on their refusal to comply with European privacy laws.

Unfortunately Yahoo says they can't help me (understandable) but also refuses to refund me the cost of my premium subscription as the T&C state that the service is only for US residents. Fair enough, the staff here (despite Yahoo) does a great job and deserve every penny.

So with that said.

VPN recommendations?

List of access from my experience.

Europe : No go

Dubai : No go

Japan : Yes (my current "location")
I can tell you I accidentally left my vpn on a few weeks ago and was blocked from using the site in my go to of Albania.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT