ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Temple/ND

tychicus

Junior
Dec 11, 2015
Yay Area
has temple regressed that much since rhule left? haven't watched any of their games last year, but i felt like they were pretty decent in the AAC? why are they getting such a big cushion, besides being ND still getting more than two TDs today?

has temple regressed that much since rhule left? haven't watched any of their games last year, but i felt like they were pretty decent in the AAC? why are they getting such a big cushion, besides being ND still getting more than two TDs today?

Don't think they regressed much at all on D (though lost a lot of experience at LB) but they're replacing a 4-year starter on O and multiple o-linemen. Rhule recruited very well so I think they'll be fine talent-wise, especially in the AAC, for at least a few years though you have to see how the players respond to the new staff. I think the spread is what it is due to ND being home, ND being ND, and TU not being settled at QB.

Joe P.

Reactions: tychicus
Don't think they regressed much at all on D (though lost a lot of experience at LB) but they're replacing a 4-year starter on O and multiple o-linemen. Rhule recruited very well so I think they'll be fine talent-wise, especially in the AAC, for at least a few years though you have to see how the players respond to the new staff. I think the spread is what it is due to ND being home, ND being ND, and TU not being settled at QB.

Joe P.
He sure did. Lumor was a Temple flip who looks like he will be a big player for us the next few years. Rhule knew what he was doing (still not sure of the Baylor move though - we'll see).

Former St. Peter's prep QB Brandon Wimbush makes his first start for Notre Dame, and former RU QB commit Anthony Russo , might be starting for TEMPLE.

Former St. Peter's prep QB Brandon Wimbush makes his first start for Notre Dame, and former RU QB commit Anthony Russo , might be starting for TEMPLE.

Word on the street is Russo is running 3rd or 4th but there might not be much separating the 4 QB's.

Joe P.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
Im hearing Don Bosco's Frank Nutile will get his first start for Temple

...not a big fan of schadenfreude but I'm not exactly shedding any tears over this one, especially with some of the TU 'visitors' we've had on the board over the course of the past year and all of the crap they talked.

Joe P.

Reactions: MikeR0102
I'll say the same thing I said a couple of years ago, when both a few of our posters, and Temple's incredibly obnoxious ones, claimed they were "built to last" WRONG. They were "built" on the heals of just a few very good recruits but, also, a bunch of "hidden gems" and "diamonds in the rough" and tranfers, who came there at the same time. They gelled, they excelled, but 9 times out of 10 that isn't how you build something "to last." Long way to go this season, obviously, but what a difference between the 2015 game and today.

Losing Matt Rhule won't help either. He is an excellent coach.

I'll say the same thing I said a couple of years ago, when both a few of our posters, and Temple's incredibly obnoxious ones, claimed they were "built to last" WRONG. They were "built" on the heals of just a few very good recruits but, also, a bunch of "hidden gems" and "diamonds in the rough" and tranfers, who came there at the same time. They gelled, they excelled, but 9 times out of 10 that isn't how you build something "to last." Long way to go this season, obviously, but what a difference between the 2015 game and today.

Also the difference between the 2005-2012 Big East and the other AQ leagues < the difference between the AAC and the P5 leagues. They'll be good within the AAC but that gap IMO will only grow wider.

Joe P.

Also the difference between the 2005-2012 Big East and the other AQ leagues < the difference between the AAC and the P5 leagues. They'll be good within the AAC but that gap IMO will only grow wider.

Joe P.

They also said - no, SWORE because they "knew him personally - that he was going to sign a long-term deal that would "lock him up forever" because he "didn't want to be anywhere else."

....yeah, okay lol!

They also said - no, SWORE because they "knew him personally - that he was going to sign a long-term deal that would "lock him up forever" because he "didn't want to be anywhere else."

....yeah, okay lol!

'He's not leaving; he signed an extension.' Coaching contracts are barely worth the paper they're printed on sometimes...I get a bigger kick out of their 'done deal' stadium; at this point what will happen first- commercial flights into space or TU's 'done deal stadium' getting built?

Joe P.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT