ADVERTISEMENT

OT: We all love Korsak but.....has anyone seen clips of this SDSU punter?

wow... that was a bomb.. but the point is not to punt it as far as you can.. but to get the best field position advantage. still.. with the punt coverage rules in the nfl.. only 2 gunners can leave before foot kicks ball.. he could be preferable to Korsak's style... though there is some value to kicking it where they cannot catch it.

he can easily outkick the coverage thereby setting up a big return.

reminds me of the joke about the gorilla playing golf

Last edited:
Reactions: mildone
Okay. That's impressive. In the case of the punt on the twitter video clip, while the distance is very impressive, and the resulting field position change is nice, I'd have preferred to pin down the other team inside their 10 which creates problems for offenses as they seek to avoid safeties.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Okay. That's impressive. In the case of the punt on the twitter video clip, while the distance is very impressive, and the resulting field position change is nice, I'd have preferred to pin down the other team inside their 10 which creates problems for offenses as they seek to avoid safeties.

Net Punting - NCAA College Football FBS current team Stats ...​

https://www.ncaa.com › stats › fbs › current › team

RankTeamGPunt YdsOpp Punt Ret YdsPuntsTBNet Yds
1Rutgers922013747046.04
2Penn St.921951747345.06
3San Diego St.92909193561044.93

I'd take Korsak every day over that kid. He can win the Groza Award. Korsak gets the Ray Guy award.

Reactions: beaced
He also has more punts inside the 20 than Korsak at 29 vs 26.

Net Punting - NCAA College Football FBS current team Stats ...

https://www.ncaa.com › stats › fbs › current › team

RankTeamGPunt YdsOpp Punt Ret YdsPuntsTBNet Yds
1Rutgers922013747046.04
2Penn St.921951747345.06
3San Diego St.92909193561044.93
Is this a product of the coverage team or the kicker? For example SDSU gave up an 80 yard return. I don't think you can contribute net punting just on the punter.

I don't think you can contribute net punting just on the punter.
Well... we can, if we're looking to make a case for our punter being better. We just have to hope nobody thinks about the coverage question. Might not work, but can always try.

It's not like facts and logic outweigh narratives anymore, right? 🙂

I'm sticking with Korsak. But I'd take the other guy as a backup.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Prior to the Wisconsin game, Korsak had something like ~93 consecutive punts without a touchback. Gotta be close to 100. That is an absolutely insane stat that shows how good he really is. When he has an opportunity to pin the opponent inside the 20 (or 10, or 5), he NEVER misses on that. The ball literally NEVER goes into the end zone.

Reactions: Scarlet_Monster
NFL scouts have said that the SDS kid is the best punter to come out of college in 30 years. They expect him to be a high draft choice

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT