ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Weaver vs Haller

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
With the beginning of baseball season I had to pull out my favorite all time baseball argument.
Never gets old. If you've never seen it before, enjoy.

Haller was the older brother of Tom Haller, a catcher for a number of big league teams. I remember that Haller hit a two-run homer in the 4th game of the 1962 series to help the Giants defeat my Yankees and even the series. That game also saw Giants second baseman Chuck Hiller hit a grand slam to break the game open.

Reactions: colbert17
Haller was the older brother of Tom Haller, a catcher for a number of big league teams. I remember that Haller hit a two-run homer in the 4th game of the 1962 series to help the Giants defeat my Yankees and even the series. That game also saw Giants second baseman Chuck Hiller hit a grand slam to break the game open.
I remember Haller mostly as a Giant.

Earl is also wrong about his World Series record. He won 11 and lost 13 over four trips

Earl is also wrong about his World Series record. He won 11 and lost 13 over four trips
Yes, with only one World Series championship. (1970). But that's not a criticism: how many managers take their team to the Series four times, and twice to a seventh game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT