ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Will going to a Rutgers game under these conditions be the new normal? (Poll)

Would you go to a Rutgers Game in these conditions?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Maybe in the NE this will be the new normal...hopefully stadiums make fans accept the risk by some cleverly obvious means or fans so terrified just stay home.

I tolerate the whole mask thing at stores because I have no choice...that puppy comes off the second I walk through the sliding doors. Outside there’s zero chance of me wearing a mask, luckily our governor exercised some measure of common sense.

Reactions: Local Shill
For the poll voted no. Just because I wouldn't attend the early games in September.

Games in early September would be real rough wearing a mask/gloves the whole time in 80/90 degree weather. Later in the year as it cools down wearing a mask/gloves is no big deal. So start the season later.

Rework the schedules you have 4 months to figure it out, it's not rocket science like these AD's would have you believe. No reason to have bye weeks or a month break between seasons end and 1st bowl game. You could easily start the season on Oct. 5.

Last edited:
Wht is the point of wearing a mask outdoors?? These masks don't filter any of the virus. On a day with any wind they are useless.

Common sense says to stay home until there is dramatic change in the entire virus outbreak. Now if we start winning consistently than maybe all bets are off. Can't put the family at risk either.

Maybe a gaiter. Might help with the Sun a bit for my skin.

Gloves only if I’m cold, and no cash - no sale for me. I don’t really buy anything at a game anyway. But if I did, greenbacks are fine.

For the poll voted no. Just because I wouldn't attend the early games in September.

Games in early September would be real rough wearing a mask/gloves the whole time in 80/90 degree weather. Later in the year as it cools down wearing a mask/gloves is no big deal. So start the season later.

Rework the schedules you have 4 months to figure it out, it's not rocket science like these AD's would have you believe. No reason to have bye weeks or a month break between seasons end and 1st bowl game. You could easily start the season on Oct. 5.
EVERY year.

Same with “Spring” sports for all of college athletics.

Wht is the point of wearing a mask outdoors?? These masks don't filter any of the virus. On a day with any wind they are useless.

Don't understand masks. You should be wearing goggles also. The virus just goes into the eyes right?

Don't understand masks. You should be wearing goggles also. The virus just goes into the eyes right?

I understand the masks do more to prevent you from spreading the virus than to prevent you from getting it. If you were a carrier, you probably wouldn’t spread it from your exposed eyes. That is, unless you plan on crying on somebody. During the Ash era that would have been a risk for sure.

I'm not going anywhere until there's a vaccine that works without causing liver damage, cancer or a third eye to open in my forehead.
You sound very confident there will be one. You realize that not all diseases have a vaccine like malaria, tuberculosis...etc. No matter how much time and money have been spent on creating one. Even the flu shots over the years have been hit or miss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT