ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Your most badass clip from The Wire

One of the greatest shows written. The season focusing around the school system really hit home for me. My first 4 years teaching were strangely close to what The Wire showed.

One of the greatest shows written. The season focusing around the school system really hit home for me. My first 4 years teaching were strangely close to what The Wire showed.
Just finished my 4th rewatch a few months ago. The way it holds up is amazing. And different characters/seasons grow on you. I actually liked season 2 more than ever and 4 with the schools might be the best.

How do you like the sales guy's reaction when she hands him that wad of cash? 😄 He did know his product and he earned that sh$t!
I love how she's telling him in street talk how she clips dudes with a .22 and he has no clue what she's talking about and she laughs and says I'll take this one. Gold.

Reactions: thegock and RUPete
I'm a big 40-degree day guy myself! But not sure if I can post that clip here and remain part of the board.

I'm watching for the first time, only about 1/2 way through the 2nd season. I cracked up when they sent McNulty in undercover to the brothel and Bunk and Kima find him in the room with the two women and he looks up and says "You were late!".
And about half way to Bunk and the lie detector in season 5 -- just you wait! Man, that series was great!

I think it’s season 1 and Brody and Deangelo drive to Philly and Brody is surprised that the radio stations changed.
I liked both those guys and sad endings for both.
Omar’s death was a crazy one . All the bullets that guy dodged, that’s how he goes out ? Brilliant
The final season I didn’t like as much . The death of the newspaper business and that reporter making up stories . Did that really happen ?

I think it’s season 1 and Brody and Deangelo drive to Philly and Brody is surprised that the radio stations changed.
I liked both those guys and sad endings for both.
Omar’s death was a crazy one . All the bullets that guy dodged, that’s how he goes out ? Brilliant
The final season I didn’t like as much . The death of the newspaper business and that reporter making up stories . Did that really happen ?
Re: Omar’s death, there was a scene in the earlier seasons where Bunk was investigating a shootout and got angry because the kids were on the street playing around as if they were Omar. One of the kids was Kenard, who grew up to kill him. Amazing writing.

Found it…

Reactions: Postman_1
Re: Omar’s death, there was a scene in the earlier seasons where Bunk was investigating a shootout and got angry because the kids were on the street playing around as if they were Omar. One of the kids was Kenard, who grew up to kill him. Amazing writing.

Found it…
I only saw the series once (I'm way overdue) and didn't catch the connection -- Thanks for that RC (I'll be on it next time)!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT