ADVERTISEMENT

Our crazy darkhorse season is still alive!

seels2662

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Aug 17, 2005
Before I start, this is still just for fun, no need to tell us the odds of us actually getting into the playoff.

So week 5 is in the books and we still are sitting at that very slim chance to make the playoffs!!! As I mentioned before the season started, we need 1)us to be at least 10-2, 2)both the ACC and B12 to be a 1 bid league, and 3)the SEC to start to eat their own. And it is still in play. First the good things:

-Lets talk about US. We needed to be 4-0 here. Now 6-2 for the rest of the season is not completely unrealistic. Splitting the next two games is HUGE.

-We are rooting for Kentucky for the rest of the season. Knocking off MSU was HUGE for us, they need to continue to upset teams like this. See, Gavin could still lead us to a playoff 😁

-Arizona beating Utah was another big game for us, as we want to keep the B12 down.

-I hate to say it, but PSU winning helped us. Now all we have to do is have Illinois split Michigan/ Oregon and our destiny is in our hands we beat them we knock them out.

-We didn't care about who won the Kansas State-Oklahoma State game, but now that Kansas State won, we now root for OSU the rest of the season, especially against BYU.

-On a side note, Both Navy and Army are undefeated right now, how bananas would it be if the Army/Navy game had playoff implications?

Now the bad things:

-Both USC and ND winning now is bad, we don't want the winner of that game to be in the playoff and take a spot

-Boy things would have been great if VT pulled that one off against Miami. It would have almost guaranteed a 1 bid league in the ACC.

-BYU still undefeated is scaring me a little bit. We can't have them sneak in with another B12 team.

Now who are we rooting for this week?

-Of course Washington, I feel Michigan is not that great this year, they need to be buried

-Speaking of being buried, OSU needs to hammer Iowa, need to keep them behind us

-The SEC eating their own has to continue, and Texas A&M beating Missouri or even better Arkansas beating Tennessee would be awesome if it happens this week.

-Boy what are the chances that FSU actually shows up and beats Clemson. They have the talent.

And thats it! Keep rooting! We are still walking that thin read line of the CFP!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.