ADVERTISEMENT

"Our white effect game will take place on Saturday, Sept. 21 vs Rutgers!"

What's the story with them and their fans anyway? They don't seem to like us very much.

Are they still pissed about the 1992 Halloween game?

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet83
Oh boy, we are screwed!

8bGOntC.gif

Reactions: RUDave_01
What's the story with them and their fans anyway? They don't seem to like us very much.
I think we’re generally hated as we are deemed undeserving of the B1G. Jealousy.

I have never heard of any real antipathy towards Rutgers from their fans. They save that for UVA and Maryland.

Actually, I consider it more State Penn-like.
White outs were created by Penn State and hyped by ESPN, so then everyone got into the "yourteamcolor" out games. That's why I hate our black out games. Why anyone thinks that doing something that Penn State created is a good idea is beyond me!

Reactions: Mike from MD
White outs were created by Penn State and hyped by ESPN, so then everyone got into the "yourteamcolor" out games. That's why I hate our black out games. Why anyone thinks that doing something that Penn State created is a good idea is beyond me!
Not entirely true. Maybe the first to do them incredibly well in a college football setting? Most likely.

Regardless, sometimes someone you don’t like has a great idea ha. Pretty much every college does color out games across all of their sports and I’m sure none of them are thinking, “PSU invented the whiteout at football games so I’m going to do a blackout to copy them!”

Are they still pissed about the 1992 Halloween game?

I am still annoyed I missed that game. My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon in Hawaii and ND was playing Navy at Giants Stadium that day. I had 2 cousins at the USNA at the time so we had big family tailgate...plus it was more local after all the travel. I gave my FIL & MIL my tickets. He still talks about that game all the time. He has a bucket list and has seen almost every D1 college football/basketball teams and says that was one of the best games he ever attended.

Reactions: IMARUFAN
I have never heard of any real antipathy towards Rutgers from their fans. They save that for UVA and Maryland.
That may be true but we had a lot of issues with Va Tech fans not sitting during the games in the late 90's. So much that security was stationed near us the whole game. Even the Va Tech women spitting fire to the old ladies sitting next to us. I figure it was mostly the NJ Va Tech students/alumni causing the issues.

Reactions: IMARUFAN
It’s going to be a great atmosphere probably two undefeated teams and I’m sure it will be announced as a night game because of it. Probably ACC network causing a 10 page thread of nothing but complaints from those without the channnel. My seats are in the touchdown terrace and I can’t wait.

I am still annoyed I missed that game. My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon in Hawaii and ND was playing Navy at Giants Stadium that day. I had 2 cousins at the USNA at the time so we had big family tailgate...plus it was more local after all the travel. I gave my FIL & MIL my tickets. He still talks about that game all the time. He has a bucket list and has seen almost every D1 college football/basketball teams and says that was one of the best games he ever attended.
The majority of the game we played like crap

The last series was great, the last play the best

Last edited:
Reactions: m1ipabrams
I was at the game, BUT, I missed that final play!!!

My wife was not feeling well that day but, being the trooper that she is, she was hanging tough all game.

Finally, about 2 min left in the game and VTech with the ball I said, "Ok honey ... let's leave, beat the traffic and get you home asap".

We get to the middle of the blue lot and suddenly we hear BOOM!!! The canon goes off, we look at each other ... "OMG, did we just score??!!" Get the car, turn on the radio ... could not believe what I was hearing.

Reactions: Section124
Not entirely true. Maybe the first to do them incredibly well in a college football setting? Most likely.

Regardless, sometimes someone you don’t like has a great idea ha. Pretty much every college does color out games across all of their sports and I’m sure none of them are thinking, “PSU invented the whiteout at football games so I’m going to do a blackout to copy them!”
Awesome link! And fascinating, wow! Thanks for sharing @GotEmmm

Reactions: GotEmmm
I figure it was mostly the NJ Va Tech students/alumni causing the issues.

Yeah, that seems to be a hallmark of opposing teams' fans who live in the NJ/NY metro area. Nebraska fans are some of the nicest I've net, except for those who live in NJ. We had to deal with some of them a couple years back sitting near us, some of the rudest trash we've ever had in the season ticket holder seats.

Awesome link! And fascinating, wow! Thanks for sharing @GotEmmm
Very! Had no idea myself...

Illustrative of the fact that there are very few completely original/new ideas... someone is almost always just stealing something from someone else, but probably trying to put their own spin on it!

Very! Had no idea myself...

Illustrative of the fact that there are very few completely original/new ideas... someone is almost always just stealing something from someone else, but probably trying to put their own spin on it!
And RU had football helmet decals long long ago, I would imagine before Ohio state, or anyone else that might claim being original
We didn't stick with it

I was at the game, BUT, I missed that final play!!!

My wife was not feeling well that day but, being the trooper that she is, she was hanging tough all game.

Finally, about 2 min left in the game and VTech with the ball I said, "Ok honey ... let's leave, beat the traffic and get you home asap".

We get to the middle of the blue lot and suddenly we hear BOOM!!! The canon goes off, we look at each other ... "OMG, did we just score??!!" Get the car, turn on the radio ... could not believe what I was hearing.
We all remember the final play, but there was a fairly deep pass completion over the middle, just before that was a very big and tough play
Without that, we weren't going to score

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT