ADVERTISEMENT

Paul and Daniel are ready for Spain

Wouldn't mind picking up one of those long or short sleeve t-shirts. Anyone know if they'll be available?

I’m rooting for Daniel. Based on watching his video, i think he can contribute. Has anyone watched him played at all this summer?

I’m rooting for Daniel. Based on watching his video, i think he can contribute. Has anyone watched him played at all this summer?

I just think the jump from HS to this level is steep. I guess it depends on what contribute means...??

Harper went 2 for his 1st 23 from 3, Mathis 3 of 20, Caleb looked like a deer in headlights until maybe the 10th game or so, before it started getting better and those are the better and more higher regarded players.

If that means Lobach finds minutes and grabs a few rebounds, then sure.....but I wouldn't expect more until we see practice in late September or October, hard to tell.

Or maybe he plays in each game on the Spain trip and opens some eyes while the staff experiments and mixes, matches etc. It would not surprise me to see him redshirt, RU has now established a strength and conditioning program and work with bigs that can make Lobach a contributor in a year. Maybe we give him a chance after Carter departs and the incoming recruits arrive in 2020.

I just think the jump from HS to this level is steep. I guess it depends on what contribute means...??

Harper went 2 for his 1st 23 from 3, Mathis 3 of 20, Caleb looked like a deer in headlights until maybe the 10th game or so, before it started getting better and those are the better and more higher regarded players.

If that means Lobach finds minutes and grabs a few rebounds, then sure.....but I wouldn't expect more until we see practice in late September or October, hard to tell.

Or maybe he plays in each game on the Spain trip and opens some eyes while the staff experiments and mixes, matches etc. It would not surprise me to see him redshirt, RU has now established a strength and conditioning program and work with bigs that can make Lobach a contributor in a year. Maybe we give him a chance after Carter departs and the incoming recruits arrive in 2020.
Yes, I’m using the word contribute and I don’t know exactly what I mean by that. But grabbing rebounds, playing tough defense and doing many of the little things could be the difference in a win or loss. I think he can also shoot a bit as well? I guess we will find out soon enough.

Joey, I don’t know if you can get any , but if you want to find out, give the Rutgers Basketball Office a call. Check staff directory at scarlet knights.com.

Like Hawk said, the jump is ginormous. He will be a big part of the teams success by staying competitive in practice. I am rooting for him as well. Just don't see minutes for him this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT