ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State Preview

Hopefully we win a match or 2.
You guys have a good team! Really strong at 141, 184, and 197. Shawver has impressed me at 125 too, and Olivieri is gonna be tough once he gets some more experience. And MVB is always a tough dude to wrestle. Bummed to hear about Turley, although I suspect he’s been banged up all year. Didn’t look like the same guy this season. That said, I’d bet Rutgers qualifies 6-7 weights for nationals.

Last edited:
Also, just to reiterate, looks like Nick Lee is still out which deprives us of a great match with Seabass. Lee did not wrestle last Sunday against Indiana and the rumor is that he’s just not 100% ready to return yet. Not sure if it’s an illness or injury, but hopefully I’m wrong!

We have 3 hammers … but rankings wise PSU has better hammers than our 3 hammers :). Looking forward to seeing how RU does. Good litmus test for B1G tourney.

Lee will still be out it's sounding like.
Edit: more information Brooks will wrestle

Last edited:
Not surprising. They’re going to beat us regardless and Brooks is better than Poz but just another example of teams ducking guys they anticipate seeing deep in the tournament. Shame the NCAA doesn’t really prioritize wrestling because this is beyond embarrassing.

Not surprising. They’re going to beat us regardless and Brooks is better than Poz but just another example of teams ducking guys they anticipate seeing deep in the tournament. Shame the NCAA doesn’t really prioritize wrestling because this is beyond embarrassing.
I don’t think Brooks or Lee are ducking anyone. Lee missed a dual last weekend against an unranked wrestler from Indiana. Was Lee ducking him? Surely not.

It sucks we miss good matchups, for sure, but assuming everyone that misses a dual is ducking is a slippery slope.

Reactions: 4382 and PSUer1989
I don’t think Brooks or Lee are ducking anyone. Lee missed a dual last weekend against an unranked wrestler from Indiana. Was Lee ducking him? Surely not.

It sucks we miss good matchups, for sure, but assuming everyone that misses a dual is ducking is a slippery slope.
Brooks is in today just got more information.
Lee will be out though

Very slippery! I'm of the belief none of these top notch kids duck anyone and relish at the opportunity to compete. It's all driven by the coaches.

Very slippery! I'm of the belief none of these top notch kids duck anyone and relish at the opportunity to compete. It's all driven by the coaches.
I remember when Tom Ryan defaulted his son out of the first round of the B1G tournament so he wouldn’t have to wrestle Jason Nolf again.

That’s great. I’m okay waiting on Rivera Lee. Poz Brooks should be great and only make him better.

I wouldn't put money on it but stranger things have happened. I don't know why Brooks was out but wonder if he's at his best and the match may also show us if Poz has improved in the past year, or at least in relation to Brooks.
Brooks hasn’t been out he majored both Cochran and Washington last weekend

Nick Lee and RBY were out of last Sundays dual but both wrestled Friday

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT