ADVERTISEMENT

Phil or others—High School Games at The RAC

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
For those that follow high school basketball pretty closely, now that the RWJ Barnabas Center will free up a lot of dates for The RAC, are we going to see more high school regular season, in season tournaments, state playoffs, All Star Games, clinics, etc. at The RAC?

For those that follow high school basketball pretty closely, now that the RWJ Barnabas Center will free up a lot of dates for The RAC, are we going to see more high school regular season, in season tournaments, state playoffs, All Star Games, clinics, etc. at The RAC?
I don't think NCAA rules will permit high school regular season, in season tournaments or all-star games on campus. State championship and semifinal games are permitted but may conflict with the NIT if RU hosts any of those games. RU can definitely hold team camp or elite camp games on campus.

For example, I was at the USF Elite Camp yesterday they had approximately 100 Florida kids in the class of 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 on campus. Each team played 3 games. One was in the men's practice gym, one in the women's practice gym, and one was in Yuengling Center on the main court.

Best Elite Camp I've ever attended on a college campus.

I was also at their team camp. They had 104 schools, varsity and JV, that paid $399 each (fee included 4 games + a camp tee shirt for each player and coach).

Russ, we have a high school football tripleheader scheduled here in a few weeks and I know we have had regular season high school basketball games in the past, but I could not tell you how long ago. Saint Anthony High School played some of their games at Saint Peter’s University. Unless there has been a change in the last year or two, I think we can host. They may have a rule that they have to pay a fee of some type.

Russ, we have a high school football tripleheader scheduled here in a few weeks and I know we have had regular season high school basketball games in the past, but I could not tell you how long ago. Saint Anthony High School played some of their games at Saint Peter’s University. Unless there has been a change in the last year or two, I think we can host. They may have a rule that they have to pay a fee of some type.
I can't speak to football, I have zero idea what they can and can't do.

Six years ago I attended one HS basketball game on a D1 campus during the regular season in Jacksonville, FL. Two schools whose gyms, combined, wouldn't hold 750 people. I've been to HS games at a JuCo gym in Gainesville, FL and the City of Palms Classic is held in a really nice JuCo arena now.

Maybe the rule I'm thinking of is for AAU tournaments. Several years ago the Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions event had to leave UNC due to a NCAA rule change. It's now held in a nice 8-court facility outside of Atlanta.

I don't think NCAA rules will permit high school regular season, in season tournaments or all-star games on campus. State championship and semifinal games are permitted but may conflict with the NIT if RU hosts any of those games. RU can definitely hold team camp or elite camp games on campus.

For example, I was at the USF Elite Camp yesterday they had approximately 100 Florida kids in the class of 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 on campus. Each team played 3 games. One was in the men's practice gym, one in the women's practice gym, and one was in Yuengling Center on the main court.

Best Elite Camp I've ever attended on a college campus.

I was also at their team camp. They had 104 schools, varsity and JV, that paid $399 each (fee included 4 games + a camp tee shirt for each player and coach).
No problem with NIT conflicts; RU to NCAAs this year.

Concerts at the RAC are a waste. The acoustics are beyond terrible for concerts.

Almost anything to get New Jerseyans onto the campus of their State University.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT