ADVERTISEMENT

Pike on The Scarlet Faithful

pd10124

Sophomore
Silver Member
Jul 19, 2023
Aaron did a phenomenal job as always so I recommend everyone give it a listen, but one thing I wanted to highlight is that Pike included and talked a lot about Martini when discussing the 5 position. I think that's a pretty big indicator that Martini is going to play a lot of 5 this year, especially early on when Lathan is still getting his feet wet. It's going to be interesting how this will hold up defensively against the big dominant centers in the league over long stretches, but I think the offense with Martini at the 5 could be absolutely lethal. A lineup that allows you to get Dylan, Jwill, Acuff, and Ace all on the floor together would be super exciting. That's 4 extremely versatile and gifted offensive players that are going to be impossible to defend. Along with Martini at the 5 who is a 38% 3pt shooter, I have a feeling we could be in for some offensive firepower that we couldn't have even dreamed of over the past 8 years. This lineup construction also makes a lot of sense given Richie's report of Acuff getting the largest NIL bag north of 200k. You don't pay 200k at Rutgers to be the 6th man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News