ADVERTISEMENT

Football ***PODCAST: Beat Writers breakdown Rutgers Football's new assistant coaches***

mb5789

All Conference
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2005
The YouTube video won't be up until tomorrow, but in case anyone wanted to give the audio a listen I figured I'd drop it in here. Had a chance to talk to beat reporters for Kent State and Bowling Green about what Rutgers is getting in it's two new assistant coaches. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I found one thing amusing.
It appears Rutgers isn't nearly as "unique" in their struggles as some people claim.
It's always "Woe is us. We are different than every other school. Can't compare us to other programs. Can't hold to the same standards."

But then you listen to the Bowling Green and Kent State guys and they claim to have very similar problems and struggles.
They are even envious of how it will be easier at Rutgers for the new coaches with access to such better talent.

I just looked up the Bowling Green history after their guy mentioned how awful they have been.
In 1987 they went 7-4.
Since then they have 5 seasons of .500 or better (11-3 in 2012).
They also have 7 seasons of 0 or 1 wins total (0-11 x3)
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/kent-state/

I found one thing amusing.
It appears Rutgers isn't nearly as "unique" in their struggles as some people claim.
It's always "Woe is us. We are different than every other school. Can't compare us to other programs. Can't hold to the same standards."

But then you listen to the Bowling Green and Kent State guys and they claim to have very similar problems and struggles.
They are even envious of how it will be easier at Rutgers for the new coaches with access to such better talent.

I just looked up the Bowling Green history after their guy mentioned how awful they have been.
In 1987 they went 7-4.
Since then they have 5 seasons of .500 or better (11-3 in 2012).
They also have 7 seasons of 0 or 1 wins total (0-11 x3)
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/kent-state/
And unfortunately Rutgers ran into that 2012 team to end our undefeated season...

• Sad
Reactions: NickRU714
And unfortunately Rutgers ran into that 2012 team to end our undefeated season...
Ah yes, the dreaded 2012 game against Kent. Gary Nova's nightmare. 6 interceptions. Brutal loss but we still were going to represent the Big East in the Sugar Bowl until one-legged Teddy Bridgewater and a ref with a penchant for incorrect "illegal man down field" calls intervened.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT