ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Ritchie about recruiting, NIL and comittments!

bowlgoal

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2004
Ritchie. Maybe you can help give us some insight on this? I have no idea how this works? The new way of recruiting is very confusing. Greg has always pitched development, growth, great academics, family and (if you are good enough), getting you NFL ready, as reasons to come to Rutgers. Sure, he pitches championships as the goal, but i think most understand that we are in a bear of a conference, so pitching the elements of building a championship roster is more realistic.

With NIL now such a big factor, does that change the approach? For example, is there sort of a standard financial level (NIL) For MOST incoming freshmen. I know the portal is alot different because there's some track record. But for true freahmen, is there now a yearly payment based on your ranking, so to speak?

A 3 star, 5.6 WR goes through the recruting process. Loves everything about the Rutgers story and says he wants to commit. Is he then told, ok, you get a full scholly plus you get an NIL deal for 1 year, 2 years at X per year, and then we can re-evalute if your production warrants it?

Just trying to piece together how this new recruiting process is working? Is there an NIL amount by position for true freshman? OL, DL. RB, WR, QB?

I realize there are special circumstances for the very top recruits; but I'm talking about how it works for the majority.

Any and all comments appreciated. I would also underastand if you don't know or can't divulge.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News