ADVERTISEMENT

Questions half way through the season

RUsojo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2010
Some questions and discussion topics that I’m wondering what other people think:

1. Left Guard - what’s going on exactly?

In the context of last season for the most part sticking with 5 starting OL, and this season rotating in almost if not 10 guys, what is really going on with Felter? I’m not calling for him to start, but last year he beats out Palliant, this year Palliant starts but when we rotate guys he’s not even getting a look. Ireland Brown gets a start at LG for a series?

2. Sanders

Why was Sanders getting more snaps and target than Shameen Jones?

3. Parsons and Aaron Young over Youngblood as returner with AC out?

There must be a press question about this this week. How is this possible? Especially after a Young fumble. What is the reasoning for this for a program that preaches special teams wins games? And that we lack playmakers.

4. WR quick screen game

We’ve had some success in the quick screen game on first down but not much at all on second down. Personally, I like the quick screen game when used correctly. My question here, why are we not utilizing Youngblood at all in the quick screen game with injuries at the WR position?

5. Why did Dremel get a scholarship?

This was really a question in the off-season as soon as it happened but I still want to know the thinking here was. If we failed getting portal guys first fine, but hope that’s what was at play.

6. Where are the crossers?

By all accounts, the best players on our offense are WRs Melton and AC. And their strengths are their straight line speed! Why are we not utilizing these guys over the middle more?

7. No Bo in the slot?

We haven’t moved Bo around much this year pre-snap. Last year against Michigan and a few other games it was very successful. My smallest gripe of the bunch - some creativity would be nice. WB with a weaker arm? Bring your best receiver closer.

8. Pacheco as a lead blocker?

Two years in a row this has failed. Usually out of 20 personnel. Last year when it failed we often followed with Haskins as an HB later in the game to make the same block - I didn’t particular like it - but he was more successful than Pop. Why did the element that works less stay?

9. Why stick with Pacheco?

The jury is out. Pacheco is statistically the least efficient back in the big ten two years in a row. Manangai out performs him each game. He should’ve took over against NW. Will he going forward?

10. WR run game has been good and increased in frequency. Well done.

Last year WR run was very successful for us. We hoped for more this year and got it. Nice job by staff.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.