Race rising anxiety white America

Discussion in 'Current Events, Politics and Off Topic Banter' started by rutgersdave, Mar 17, 2018.

1. rutgersdave

rutgersdave Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

2. brgRC90

brgRC90 Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Of course we know Dump is all about white fear.

3. ashokan

ashokan All American
    Expand Collapse

This is another dumb stereotype article written by a woman married to an Obama admin cabinet member who is also a board member for Center for American Progress (all of which means these people are saturated in neo-Marxist weirdness that targets white people in order to bring down the capitalist culture) . The same old cartoon of the white hillbillies ascared of the brown hillibillies from the shithole countries (the reason why they left). Left unsaid is that the black and Hispanic immigrants dont like each other, and the Hispanics increasingly identify as white. Alas that doen't fit the model for defamation and ridicule as practiced by the people who like to posture as the most against defamation and ridicule. Just more reminding that current left has little left of the FDR/JFK/MLK legacy. They'e become wierdos

4. zappaa

zappaa Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

It is what it is.
    Is it a good thing no, is it a bad thing maybe, if crime, property values and school district ratings go down it’s certainly not good.

I can’t imagine any white person on this board rooting for or being happy about becoming a minority...not caring fine, but rooting for it...no.

5. NorthernKnight

NorthernKnight Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I think these changes are great. I've witnessed the exact same thing in 30+ years in Springfield Massachusetts.

Two things that aren't discussed but are key:

Educational focus/attainment

The role of progressive liberal shaming of whites and the resentment and pushback.

I won't talk about retirees. Whether they accept change or feel threatened isn't really in my opinion, our barometer. As people age out they naturally are less accepting of change of all sorts and yearn for the good old days when they were in their prime.

But talking about the 30-65 year olds and how they are feeling today is very interesting.

This focuses on whites feeling threatened by the growing number of immigrants around them. And I think that is true for some portion who don't have the skills and confidence to compete.

I also think there's a whole other cross section that are resentful because they feel like they are required to apologize for being white.

And I think that's an interesting topic. Why would my 25 year old daughter face shaming for "white privlege"? IMO, this is where liberal progressive intellectuals (because I see colleges as the breeding ground), overplay their hand trying to act as social crusaders.

Bottom line: The USA is browning and graying at the same time. And I think that's great. The graying part brings demographic challenges, but maybe those challenges are ok as AI supplants jobs. We'll have a 20 year mismatch but maybe we'll look back on that as a blessing someday.

The browning, imo, only becomes an issue if there is failure to integrate into a cohesive morphed society and "I'm an American" is supplanted by "I'm _________ who lives in or is a citizen of the USA". Assimilation is important to hold this crazy group of mutts together for another 250 years.

AntiG likes this.
  6. Armor and Sword

Armor and Sword All Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

The demographic changes in Hazelton and other parts of NE PA may be just as much about white migration out of the area and it is about non-white migration to the area. West of the Poconos, not a whole lot going economically if you don't include Marcellus Shale natural gas extraction.

I think the 1970's born Gen-X, Millenials and Gen-Z, well at least the suburban and urban subsets, will be more welcoming of the demographic shift of more non-whites in the US. 1960s born Gen-X, Boomers, and what's left of Silent Generation and Greatest Generation aren't so welcoming

7. NorthernKnight

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I disagree with the generalization about the baby boomers. We grew up and experienced HS, college and work in an integrating society. I see the 70+ year old group struggling.

I'm not seeing it among baby boomers or younger.

I know the prevailing wisdom will be there's all kind of brewing resentment. People who have crappy lives resent others...part excuse/part scapegoat. Stop jamming white privlege and other weaponized diversity down peoples throats...let the diversity happen...people adjust just fine.

AntiG likes this.
  8. Kbee3

Kbee3 Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

ALL about white fear and MAWA.
    BTW, my family(mother's side) comes from Hazelton originally, and it was a shit hole when I visited with my parents over 50 years ago.
    Depressingly rundown and poverty stricken back then.

9. RU_Planning

RU_Planning Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

It seems to me that much of NE PA’s demographic change is due to folks migrating out of NYC (Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens). I have some Hatian-American friends whose families moved to Poconos area for the homeownership opportunities, some still commute to NYC for work.

10. brgRC90

brgRC90 Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

In places with blue collar white populations the people have no real personal achievements to hang their hats on, so in order to feel better about themselves they have to try to attach themselves to other successful white people or the idea that white people have achieved great things--hence "white pride." This is the insecurity Dump has used for personal gain.

oncampus and NotInRHouse like this.
  11. NorthernKnight

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I see that is as mumbo jumbo psychology.

It's someone coming up with a theory and then trying to prove it. It has elitism written all over it.

patk89 and bac2therac like this.
  12. brgRC90

brgRC90 Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

And I see your analysis as shallow and pulled out of your butt.

13. bac2therac

bac2therac Legend
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

utter bullshit here and the same condescending tones that show you are out of touch with half the country

14. brgRC90

brgRC90 Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Well I guess since you understand the White supremacist mindset you should clue us in.

15. NorthernKnight

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

At least they're my analysis...not like you and your persecuted lemming pals.

RICOelectric likes this.
  16. RUSCFORMERLYRULOU

Silver Member
    Expand Collapse

Uh, did you read the quotes in there? Take them out of the secondary context and think again.

17. brgRC90

brgRC90 Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Says the Dump loving zombie.

18. NorthernKnight

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

That means a lot coming from you...lol.

19. jreacher1

jreacher1 Freshman
    Expand Collapse

Can anyone Name ANY black neighborhood that is neat, clean, safe and has good schools? Fresh Prince so not flee philly to get away from violent whites.

20. zappaa

zappaa Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

East Orange...but it was in 1968.
    A great little city...it was.

Proud NJ Sports Fan likes this.
  21. Proud NJ Sports Fan

Proud NJ Sports Fan All American
    Expand Collapse

22. Proud NJ Sports Fan

Proud NJ Sports Fan All American
    Expand Collapse

EO used to be nice, got really wretched but some areas are now rebounding upwards.

23. MYHATINTHERING

MYHATINTHERING All American
    Expand Collapse

definitely too much diversity and it's evident. No society survives a structural change to it's national identity.

24. jreacher1

jreacher1 Freshman
    Expand Collapse

1968? You are making my point.

25. RU_Planning

Expand Collapse

Too much diversity? The United States is a melting pot, it always has been. To suggest that diversity changes our national identity when it is indeed part of our national identity is absurd.

26. ashokan

ashokan All American
    Expand Collapse

Oy vey. "Skills and confidence" aren't the problem. Most of the invasions (and that's what they are) aren't of "skilled and confident people". In fact, these current waves of "immigrants" don't have near the level of skills that past generations had. They are grass-cutters, roofers, short order cooks, dishwashers, ditch-diggers, stone wall builders, laborers etc. They aren't generally artisans or master craftsman of any kind.

They CHASE AWAY the skilled people. They do that by going into business and ignoring all the rules/laws the gringos are forced to respect - and who then get undercut. They don't get insurance and licenses. They often hire relatives and new arrivals and pay them cheap, They drive w/out licenses. They don't pay taxes until they are rolling in so much money they have to show "something". They double and triple occupy one family homes. All their babies are on Medicaid. They take over schools so that the American kids still there are drawing Aztec gods in art class. 4th of July parades are gone. Hit and run accidents go sky high. They litter like crazy. Bed bugs and roaches everywhere. Yet Americans are supposed "celebrate" this? Its just America turning into a shithole.

Most of the immigrants are lumpen proletariat. They dont generally care about "America" outside of money/checks. They vote for checks. They will let America go right down the crapper as long as the money is there. Its astounding to me how some Americans seem to agree America is just a set of GPS numbers where foreigners can come in and just break every law and set-up there own little culture fiefs. America isn't being "refreshed" with immigrants its being colonized in reverse because Americans are such psychotics patting themselves on the back for being "nice" while they let the spirit of America die on the vine in front of them. Lawlessness is just everywhere and a big part of it began with lawless immigration and all the broken laws that followed. It was just a big freefall down the septic. If you own a restaurant or landscaping biz you had it made

Ole Cabbagehead and bac2therac like this.
  27. Kbee3

Kbee3 Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

Again with the John Birch Society nonsense.
    Can you please give it a rest ?
    Do they pay you by the post...or the word ?

28. RUSCFORMERLYRULOU

Silver Member
    Expand Collapse

Crickets from BAC.

29. leftoright

leftoright Senior
    Silver Member
    Expand Collapse

But the question "why do you think "the browning" is great, other than it upsets people who's white families have been citizens here for centuries?
    Do you just want to upset people any way you can if they don't have your liberal / progressive view? Is it just hating your privilege? The joy in being subserviant to aggressive newcomers? Extreme white guilt? Whatever your justification for your "joy of browning" it's irrational,misplaced and dangerous for the U.S.

BROTHERSKINNY likes this.
  30. leftoright

leftoright Senior
    Silver Member
    Expand Collapse

This is proof that the Leftist institutions will indoctrinate the semi-illiterate to race-monger folks who don't know how to defend themselves from shallow, thoughtless attacks. Get your head out of the comic books.

BROTHERSKINNY likes this.
  31. jreacher1

jreacher1 Freshman
    Expand Collapse

The blacks are the bigger problem. The illegals at least work. Blacks don't work and destroy the schools.

32. RU_Planning

Expand Collapse

Seriously, how is this jackass still allowed to post here?

33. NorthernKnight

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I’m not trying to provoke in any way.

I think immigration is the lifeblood of America and I challenge us to ask ourselves “how dare you pull up the ladder?” The browning of America is of no consequence. People are people and race is irrelevant as long as we keep the same process of people assimilating over 1-2 generations. (By the way, we should have a national language and it should be English...our efforts to facilitate Spanish are well meaning but in my opinion are misplaced and are the the soft bigotry of low expectations - and get in the way of assimilation. )

Do we need immigration reform? Yes. But that doesn’t mean less immigrants. It means deciding what we want in immigrants and a purposeful blend of skills and unskilled.

AI and job displacement long term is a much bigger concern for America and the world. Mankind was meant to work.

34. zappaa

zappaa Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I’m all for the immigration process.
    I’m not for overcrowding of schools and hospitals, property values decreasing, litter and crime rates rising.

bac2therac likes this.
  35. rutgersdave

rutgersdave Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

I posted the article since I felt that I don’t feel that I’m prejudiced but I can feel for the white residents that have lived there before the town started to change. I would be fine with the change for 10-20-25% of the population but would probably get angry or depressed at 40-50%. I think it’s human nature. Housing prices naturally will tend to go down. I would however never express any discrimination against someone due to their race or color, that’s not acceptable.

36. NorthernKnight

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Our newest board poster who is asking tough racial questions, asked us today to identify an Good African American neighborhood.

I’d rather ask another question which you started getting at in your post. Why would values go down when immigrants come in?

Is it because of racial animus or is because people don’t take care of the houses and rentals or because of more crime or...

I think that’s the thing we need to think about, understand and solve for. The why?

We wind up with white high brow enclaves elsewhere and is that for reasons of race or is it for reasons of safety or betting on value?

It’s a really good discussion that we should have. ABC got torched as a John Bircher for expressing his opinion of what he’s seen. I’d like to get to the question of if we are indeed seeing that deterioration and if so, why.

Is it possible for us to discuss this on this board without it deteriorating into a racial bomb throwing contest?

36 NorthernKnight, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    AntiG likes this.
  37. zappaa

zappaa Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Very fairly stated, I agree your human nature would kick in if the 40 to 50% scenario took place.
    If crime increased, your human nature would also make lots of assumptions

38. RUinPinehurst

RUinPinehurst All Conference
    Expand Collapse

And then there's the fact that one-quarter of these United States once was part of Mexico, in territory at least? Further, all those great American cities with "San" in their names? How'd that happen? Missions. Spanish via Mexico.

"Our" history is shared folks. "We" came. We saw. We conquered. Not a neat and noble story, but one of subjugation and capitalization.

39. rurichdog

rurichdog Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

And that subjugation and capitalization will happen in reverse if a big enough pushback doesn't happen. If the Spanish had gotten their asses kicked, things would be different. Same as our own colonists.

40. RUinPinehurst

RUinPinehurst All Conference
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like you're itching for a fight.