ADVERTISEMENT

Restaurant suggestion for Meatpacking district

ScarletStateofNJ

All Conference
Jul 6, 2011
Taking the girlfriend to the city and we're staying in a hotel in the meatpacking district (w 14th st) and I'm looking for a great restaurant within walking distance. Food type doesn't matter and looking to keep the bill under $300 for the meal and drinks. Been to Catch, Spice Market, Crispo. Any suggestions? Again looking for restaurant with walking distance of w 14th street (not midtown, not upperwest, etc).

The park is beautiful. It's an indoor park restaurant and has a rooftop lounge that overlooks the highline open late night Friday's/Saturday. Food is just average tho.

Awesome vegan spot blossom if either of you want to try something different. I'm not a vegan or vegetarian and I enjoyed it

Buddakkan. I've only been to the one in Philly and it was great. Heard they opened one in the MP district a few years ago but have not been yet.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
You're only a few blocks from The Spotted Pig....you might run into Bono or Bill Clinton there......or Mario Batali.

If you would like to spend a lot, Del Posto and Tom Collicchio & Son Tap Room.

Scarpetta is the best Italian restaurant in the free world.. it's about 4 blocks away.

Buddakkan. I've only been to the one in Philly and it was great. Heard they opened one in the MP district a few years ago but have not been yet.
Came here to post this. I've been there four or five times (three times already this year), and it's always good. With two glasses of wine each and ordering a variety of food, you can still get out of there at under $250.

Taking the girlfriend to the city and we're staying in a hotel in the meatpacking district (w 14th st) and I'm looking for a great restaurant within walking distance. Food type doesn't matter and looking to keep the bill under $300 for the meal and drinks. Been to Catch, Spice Market, Crispo. Any suggestions? Again looking for restaurant with walking distance of w 14th street (not midtown, not upperwest, etc).
Scarlet, I'm free-styling here from memory, but just a heads up that the door to Buddakan is on 9th Ave., about 75 feet from 15th Ave. IIRC, my cell-maps always wanted to take me to 15th, and I would be clueless once I got to the spot it said the restaurant was/is. Aim for 9th Ave and when you hit 15th (past the entrance to Chelsea Market if you're walking from 14th), look behind you and you'll see the door. There isn't a huge sign for it--the exterior is understated, so look for the very large doors (these doors are awesome, BTW) that enter into a dimly lit mini-foyer. The reservation check-in is immediately to your right. Also, it's not far from the Highline, so either before dinner or afterwards consider going for a walk up there--it's free, and it's one of those NY things that makes New York a very cool place to live and visit.

If you would like to spend a lot, Del Posto and Tom Collicchio & Son Tap Room.

I was at Del Posto a couple of weeks ago. The service was spectacular, as was the ambience. The food, however, was just good, but less than spectacular, which was disappointing given the high prices.

Try Santina by the HIgh line. Buddakan is nothing but over-price mediocre asian "fusion" gimmick these days.

Reactions: JPhoboken
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT