ADVERTISEMENT

Football RFootball solidly in bowl projections heading into week five

I don't know about all of these. But, maybe Pinstripe Bowl against Va Tech. Probably the most desirable for most fans here.

Reactions: beaced
Bingo __or Phoenix or Tampa
2 things: Phoenix isn't a B1G bowl (despite projections we've seen) so let's not "count" on that one. Tampa, man that's my short-term dream, trust me, but I think we'd need to go 9-3 to get there this season.

In case you were wondering here is the B1G Bowl lineup, in order of choice, for 2021-22:

• Rose Bowl Game – vs. Pac-12
  • Capital One Orange Bowl – vs. ACC/ND or SEC
  • Citrus Bowl – vs. SEC
  • Outback Bowl – vs. SEC
  • Las Vegas Bowl – vs. Pac-12 (2021, 2023, 2025)
  • Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl – vs. SEC
  • New Era Pinstripe Bowl – vs. ACC
  • Belk Bowl – vs. ACC (2020, 2022, 2024)
  • Cheez-It Bowl – vs. Big 12
  • Redbox Bowl – vs. Pac-12 (RIDICULOUSLY "OUT" FOR THIS SEASON)
  • Quick Lane Bowl – vs. MAC

2 things: Phoenix isn't a B1G bowl (despite projections we've seen) so let's not "count" on that one. Tampa, man that's my short-term dream, trust me, but I think we'd need to go 9-3 to get there this season.

? Thought the Guaranteed Rate Bowl in Phoenix was a B1G Bowl:

Today's USA Today projections also list the Guaranteed Rate Bowl in Phoenix as a Big Ten bowl this year. (Projection: Purdue vs. West Virginia) They have Maryland going to Vegas and Wisconsin going to the Music City. We will have our chance to beat both and show we deserve a better bid than the Pinstripe (or going back to Detroit).

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
In case you were wondering here is the B1G Bowl lineup, in order of choice, for 2021-22:

• Rose Bowl Game – vs. Pac-12
  • Capital One Orange Bowl – vs. ACC/ND or SEC
  • Citrus Bowl – vs. SEC
  • Outback Bowl – vs. SEC
  • Las Vegas Bowl – vs. Pac-12 (2021, 2023, 2025)
  • Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl – vs. SEC
  • New Era Pinstripe Bowl – vs. ACC
  • Belk Bowl – vs. ACC (2020, 2022, 2024)
  • Cheez-It Bowl – vs. Big 12
  • Redbox Bowl – vs. Pac-12 (RIDICULOUSLY "OUT" FOR THIS SEASON)
  • Quick Lane Bowl – vs. MAC
Cheez-It Bowl is in Phoenix, at least according to the Big Ten. I think that some of the sponsors have switched around in the past two years, but the Big Ten has a slot in the Phoenix bowl formerly known as the Insight Bowl.

"Played as the Copper Bowl from inception through 1996, it was known as the Insight.com Bowl from 1997 through 2001, then the Insight Bowl from 2002 through 2011, the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl for 2012 and 2013, and the Cactus Bowl for the 2014 through 2017 seasons. In 2018 and 2019, the game was known as the Cheez-It Bowl. In 2020, Guaranteed Rate signed on as the title sponsor of the game, renaming it as the Guaranteed Rate Bowl."

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
While my son was playing- I would have hated if we had ever gone to the Pinstripe bowl. My family always treated our bowls like a vacation and planned for a full week.
But after he finished playing- doubtful my wife would give the approval for a road trip like that again, so Pinstripe ends up being my best bet.
Regardless, any bowl we get this year is gravy. Also- Pinstripe isn't really considered a crappy bowl anymore. They have had some big time programs play that game.

While my son was playing- I would have hated if we had ever gone to the Pinstripe bowl. My family always treated our bowls like a vacation and planned for a full week.
But after he finished playing- doubtful my wife would give the approval for a road trip like that again, so Pinstripe ends up being my best bet.
Regardless, any bowl we get this year is gravy. Also- Pinstripe isn't really considered a crappy bowl anymore. They have had some big time programs play that game.
It is if you go to it.

Hear you but if Rutgers gets picked for the Pinstripe Bowl again that will mean 3 out of our last 5 Bowl games were at the Pinstripe Bowl in the Bronx. Ugh

Gotta admit, if Rutgers makes it to a bowl game, the prospect of BHam that someone floated last week excited me. Of course, I would take anything, but that's the best of the cold-weather choices to me.

If we qualify for a "minor" bowl, the B1G will make sure it's the Pinstripe, a bowl to which we would bring more fans than anyone else. And more than we would to any other minor bowl.

If we qualify for a "minor" bowl, the B1G will make sure it's the Pinstripe, a bowl to which we would bring more fans than anyone else. And more than we would to any other minor bowl.
Yup - as they should. There is zero chance if both RU and Michigan State were ever 6-6 at the same time that they’d send them to Pinstripe and us to the bowl in Detroit. It’s about money.

And yet, it would be our 1st time back there in 8 years. Just saying

It would never be my first choice but any bowl is the goal. Now, if we have a a 7 or better win season- please give us a warm weather bowl.

Frick’n Jerry Palm at CBS Sports still does not have us in a Bowl.
Idiot

It would never be my first choice but any bowl is the goal. Now, if we have a a 7 or better win season- please give us a warm weather bowl.

Policy is a minimum of 6 different B1G Teams over an 8 year period in the Pinstripe Bowl.
Thank g-d for us.

Agree ! This would be great for schiano to make any bowl in year 2 with what is considered mostly the lousy ash recruits. Continue to recruit better and win games . The sky is the limit . Good times and better bowls ahead

Frick’n Jerry Palm at CBS Sports still does not have us in a Bowl.
Idiot
In my opinion, Rutgers can finish anywhere from 8-4 to 4-8, so maybe he thinks a second-half collapse is in order.

EDIT: I just read his bio. He's a computer science nerd from Purdue who probably has never stepped on a football field. I take back what I wrote.

What a dunce . Neither does Wisconsin
For the record, I made up that quote based on the criticism of our hoops program not having a road win in the past, and that was Palm's only justification for keeping us out of his projected bracket. I am just curious what his argument would be. Unless we pull the upset this Saturday, don't expect Palm to predict we will bowl in his projections next week.

Go RU, beat visitor.

Reactions: rufancoe00
In my opinion, Rutgers can finish anywhere from 8-4 to 4-8, so maybe he thinks a second-half collapse is in order.

EDIT: I just read his bio. He's a computer science nerd from Purdue who probably has never stepped on a football field. I take back what I wrote.
What a loser Jerry Palm is. Pissed we beat them last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT