ADVERTISEMENT

Ron Harper & Caleb McConnell Tweets

Love the enthusiasm but is it THAT difficult to say “we ARE....”??? Like that stupid ****ing “we the north” :chairshot::chairshot::chairshot:

Reactions: Hamilton's Cannon
Many would say that saying "we are still turning up" would be what sounds stupid vs what he wrote

Turning “it” up...sorry but I have a degree in English Lit and sometimes that stuff just annoys me. Again, love the enthusiasm, and both seem like GREAT kids, don’t get me wrong please.

Fine, my bad, but it’s STILL poor grammar lol!
Nuts, I get where you're coming from, but then again in the reply that I'm quoting you wrote "my bad". Surely you didn't learn that phrase in Eng. Lit. Ha.

Keep in mind, too, that there was a time where people wouldn't dare write a lot of words and phrases that now are just "normal" given the way we all speak and the slang we all use. And "we" means everybody of all races, etc. ;)

Also important to note that millions of people use social as a means of communication that is similar to their verbal communication... not as a means of writing properly. I don't think Ronny would write that for a University writing assignment.

No what I'm sayin? Feel me? Ha.

Nuts, I get where you're coming from, but then again in the reply that I'm quoting you wrote "my bad". Surely you didn't learn that phrase in Eng. Lit. Ha.

Keep in mind, too, that there was a time where people wouldn't dare write a lot of words and phrases that now are just "normal" given the way we all speak and the slang we all use. And "we" means everybody of all races, etc. ;)

Also important to note that millions of people use social as a means of communication that is similar to their verbal communication... not as a means of writing properly. I don't think Ronny would write that for a University writing assignment.

No what I'm sayin? Feel me? Ha.

It’s “know” HAHAHAHA!!

Turning “it” up...sorry but I have a degree in English Lit and sometimes that stuff just annoys me. Again, love the enthusiasm, and both seem like GREAT kids, don’t get me wrong please.

As a lit major you should have realized that improper grammar is used in many great novels.

No worries. We b supportin our real Boys come da fall.

(Ps, thanks Mr. Harper Jr. And Mr. Mac)

He should have Tweeted: We still turnt up...

I don't know any kids who say "turning up". At least not any kids in the South.

You mean chirrens in the sowf not kids in the south

Fine, my bad, but it’s STILL poor grammar lol!
Dude, from a Philosophy major (me) to an esteemed English Lit major (you), you've surely contemplated the nature of colloquialisms, and have found many to be acceptable. I mean, ellipses sans the periods effortlessly elide into wonderfully colorful figures of speech. With that established, we should go with Ronnie's acceptably elliptical tweet. So, with elevated prose, I have to ask: We good?

This is just how someone would say something in casual conversation. You guys are reading into this like crazy, obviously its Twitter nobody is using proper grammar, nor should they its not expository writing.

Reactions: RUMountie
Dude, from a Philosophy major (me) to an esteemed English Lit major (you), you've surely contemplated the nature of colloquialisms, and have found many to be acceptable. I mean, ellipses sans the periods effortlessly elide into wonderfully colorful figures of speech. With that established, we should go with Ronnie's acceptably elliptical tweet. So, with elevated prose, I have to ask: We good?

I’m over it lol...just really annoyed me when I saw it, coming on the heels of the EO news, because I just don’t get what’s so difficult about typing 3 more letters. Anyhow we’ve got bigger things to worry about I guess, so I’m moving forward.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
I’m over it lol...just really annoyed me when I saw it, coming on the heels of the EO news, because I just don’t get what’s so difficult about typing 3 more letters. Anyhow we’ve got bigger things to worry about I guess, so I’m moving forward.
True dat. ;-)

Love Harper’s tweet. To me it says lots of talented hard working dedicated players still here, let’s rock n roll.

Btw, in any form of communicating, getting the point across is much more important than grammar.

Yeah you’re right I shouldn’t want our student-athletes to speak properly in a public forum.. How silly if me!!

Local dialects and vernacular forms of English have been a part of the language since Anglo-Saxon times. Regularized forms of "correct" English are an unnatural, mostly Victorian legacy. Criticism of vernacular forms as incorrect or unsophisticated makes one sound either curmudgeonly or racist.

Reactions: Scangg
Love the enthusiasm but is it THAT difficult to say “we ARE....”??? Like that stupid ****ing “we the north” :chairshot::chairshot::chairshot:

Imagine Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder walking into the prison for the first time saying "That's right, we are bad" instead of "We bad". :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT