ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Ron Harper Jr signs with agent

Totally expected and I wish him well. He will be successful no matter what he does - whether it's on the court or off!

Reactions: SantaFeScarlet
Best of luck RHJ, appreciate the memories and revival of Rutgers MBB

Reactions: RUJMM78
Laughed my butt off after a bunch of SHU guys and myself saw Harper play in a tournament all day (3 games) and eventually saw him rated as a 3 star player before he played a game at Rutgers.

Anyone who thought they were seeing a 3 star player that day clearly had no idea how good this kid was.

Would have loved him at SHU but we chose Rhoden instead. Both school benefited.

Hope that Ron can reach his dream of playing in the NBA. He was fun to watch and helped make Rutgers relevant again and he was always very respectful the few times I talked with him.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Laughed my butt off after a bunch of SHU guys and myself saw Harper play in a tournament all day (3 games) and eventually saw him rated as a 3 star player before he played a game at Rutgers.

Anyone who thought they were seeing a 3 star player that day clearly had no idea how good this kid was.

Would have loved him at SHU but we chose Rhoden instead. Both school benefited.
So, I was appreciating your positive post Halldan1, and then you had to stick "chose" in there. A passive-aggresive troll is still a troll.

Did I say Rhoden was better than Harper? In my opinion they are neck and neck with Harper clearly deserving the Haggerty award this year. Something I posted on the SHU board as well.

Pretty touchy when someone comes to compliment your player and you see it as a passive-aggressive troll.

That's why I seldom post here. Because of people like you.

Did I say Rhoden was better than Harper? In my opinion they are neck and neck with Harper clearly deserving the Haggerty award this year. Something I posted on the SHU board as well.

Pretty touchy when someone comes to compliment your player and you see it as a passive-aggressive troll.

So you're saying you think that Rutgers made the right choice when they chose RJH over Rhoden.
I agree and I wouldn't have minded if Rhoden was chosen for a spot on roster by Rutgers along with Harper..
But Ron was the best choice RU could make out of the two , looking at the honors he received for his play
Also Harper played at PF and the wings as needed, making him more versatile for RU and deserving of the honorable mention All American status he received.RU chose well.
Being a 1st team BE player shows Seton Hall fans deserve to be happy the Hall chose Rhoden

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet83

Actually Dan, if you had said Rhoden was better than Harper I may not have agreed with you but I absolutely would have respected your opinion. Instead, you implied that SHU "chose" Rhoden over Harper. That's the passive agressive dig that I didn't appreciate.

Last edited:
SHU did choose Rhoden over Harper. Doesn't mean they got the better player. My point was it worked out well for both teams which turned out to be the perfect scenario.

Nowhere was there a hint of my trolling. I am the moderator of the SHU board and have to put up with trolling most everyday. Why would you think I would do that here?

SHU did choose Rhoden over Harper. Doesn't mean they got the better player. My point was it worked out well for both teams which turned out to be the perfect scenario.

Nowhere was there a hint of my trolling. I am the moderator of the SHU board and have to put up with trolling most everyday. Why would you think I would do that here?
First of all Dan, I appreciate you coming back and engaging on this. You seem to sincerely believe that I'm being an a**hole, so I'll take another shot at trying to explain myself. To me, there are different types of trolls. There are obvious, obnoxious trolls, which you probably have to deal with all the time as an administrator, and then there are subtle, more passive trolls. It's great that you complimented Ron and that you pointed out that things worked out well for both teams. I agree. I also didn't read into your post that you were saying Rhoden was the better player. But, for some reason, you felt compelled to point out that the Hall "chose" Rhoden over Harper. If you had just left that out, I would have had no problem with your post and would have gladly hit the like button. Instead, when called out on it, you actually doubled down by stating even more clearly "SHU did choose Rhoden over Harper," once again trolling RU and proving my point. Does that mean you're an ogre? Of course not. I hope we can have reasonable discussions about RU and SHU basketball in the future. I respect the Hall and its fans and I think it's a great rivalry.

Last edited:
I think you're unnecessarily stretching Dan's comments. Harper and Rhoden are similar players in that they are 3's that can stretch to a college 4. I took his comment to mean that SHU would take 1, but not both players, and Rhoden just happened to be the one that committed.

I think you're unnecessarily stretching Dan's comments. Harper and Rhoden are similar players in that they are 3's that can stretch to a college 4. I took his comment to mean that SHU would take 1, but not both players, and Rhoden just happened to be the one that committed.
That's fair cane

I took Hall Dan saying:
"SHU did choose Rhoden over Harper. Doesn't mean they got the better player. My point was it worked out well for both teams which turned out to be the perfect scenario."
as Seton Hall felt Rhoden was the better player.
Could be Seton Hall felt either would be a good fit and if Harper committed Dan would have claimed the Hall chose him

RHJ committed to RU on 8/11/2017,while Rhoden made his choice 10/28/2017
So it's hard for me to believe Seton Hall chose Rhoden over Harper before he even committed.
The choice, to me, looks like it was forced on the Pirate program after RHJ choose RU

Reactions: TRU2RU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT