ADVERTISEMENT

RU ads here in San Antonio

…both TV and billboards on interstate 35…very cool to see the big Block R showcased.

Have seen quite a bit of SUNY advertising as well.

Tough to beat UT-Austin's in-state price if they get in there. And Trinity isn't big enough for all the students who want better than UT-SA.

Kind of a strange use of advertising budget with such a low student population from Texas with undergrad enrollment fewer than 100. You would think they would focus on areas closer.

2019 216 total 73 undergrad
2020 226 total 72 undergrad
2021 226 total 72 undergrad
2022 235 total 84 undergrad
2023 235 total 92 undergrad

Kind of a strange use of advertising budget with such a low student population from Texas with undergrad enrollment fewer than 100. You would think they would focus on areas closer.

2019 216 total 73 undergrad
2020 226 total 72 undergrad
2021 226 total 72 undergrad
2022 235 total 84 undergrad
2023 235 total 92 undergrad
Could not agree more

Reactions: RUskoolie
☺️ 1. Electronic billboard, 2. Interstate traffic, 3. I’m not confident in my ability to drive and photograph…frankly the SUNY one was more surprising to me than the RU one…
Where they advertising online schools near a military base? I will often see schools doing that in order to get those GI bill dollars.

Reactions: RUPete
Where they advertising online schools near a military base? I will often see schools doing that in order to get those GI bill dollars.
SA is military town USA…I mean that is the city motto splattered all over town…can’t say about the RU ad…the SUNY ad was not…but your point is an excellent one…I see Purdue global campus and asu ads and those are clearly online.

Reactions: PSU_Nut and RUPete
Why does RU need to advertise? It's not like we need to beat the bushes to be able to fill a class. And doesn't RU have a percentage limit on how many out-of-state applicants it can accept?

Was the ad specific to RU football or more general University image building?

Could be looking to pull in students, faculty, other research professionals? Maybe keep the Scarlet in the mind space of industry and foundation types. Or all of the above.

At the RU and UT level competitive recruitment for top faculty is a thing.

Austin is a nice place but I imagine some of their folks would listen to a recruitment pitch that includes "You can live in Manhattan and work at RU".

Reactions: ruinac

Could be looking to pull in students, faculty, other research professionals? Maybe keep the Scarlet in the mind space of industry and foundation types. Or all of the above.

Austin is a nice place but I imagine some of their folks would listen to a recruitment pitch that includes "You can live in Manhattan and work at RU".
I had the same question. Also wondering if it’s to draw San Antonio area applicants, since SUNY was also mentioned. NE schools are making efforts to advertise to southern high schoolers.

Couldn't be Rutgers football. Football recruits are in Dallas and Houston; not so much San Antonio and Austin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT