ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball RU has two games left to prove it belongs

They need to wIn both games .The total record leaves no margin for another loss at this late stage of the season .There are too many other teams with comparable or better records.

Reactions: NiTeKnight
Chris, I have to disagree with a couple statements:

A loss in either of the games would mean a trip to the National Invitational Tournament for the first time since 2006.

Rutgers' backs are against the wall. Win and its in. Lose and the Scarlet Knights are out.

Simply... not true. Regardless of how RU does it, RU will be dancing if it wins 19 games.

Obviously, the final two games of the regular season are important. However, RU's run in the B1G tournament will be just as important. Getting to 19 wins is the goal. With 19 wins, there's no keeping us out.

Chris, nice article, but I have to disagree with a couple statements:

A loss in either of the games would mean a trip to the National Invitational Tournament for the first time since 2006.

Rutgers' backs are against the wall. Win and its win. Lose and the Scarlet Knights are out.

Simply... not true. Regardless of how RU does it, RU will be dancing if it wins 19 games.

Obviously, the final two games of regular season are important. However, RU's run in the B1G tournament will be just as important. Getting to 19 wins is the goal. With 19 wins, there's no keeping us out.
I think I agree with you. However, it’s not the 19 wins I’m worried about….it’s the 14 losses. Win both of the next two and 13 losses is the most we could have. Lose 1 of the next 2, and well finish with 14 losses…unless we win the B1G tournament which makes the wins and losses a non-issue

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Chris, I have to disagree with a couple statements:

Rutgers' backs are against the wall. Win and its in. Lose and the Scarlet Knights are out.

Obviously, the final two games of the regular season are important. However, RU's run in the B1G tournament will be just as important. Getting to 19 wins is the goal. With 19 wins, there's no keeping us out.
We def agree that win the next 3 and we’re in!
And win only 1 of next 3 and we’re out.

Win 1 of next 2 then first 2 in big ten tourney. Yeah it’s possible that gets us in but depends on who we beat, by how much, and how much did we lose by in our defeat, including the defeat in conference tourney.

I think I agree with you. However, it’s not the 19 wins I’m worried about….it’s the 14 losses. Win both of the next two and 13 losses is the most we could have. Lose 1 of the next 2, and well finish with 14 losses…unless we win the B1G tournament which makes the wins and losses a non-issue
Don't be concerned with losses. Rutgers is a special case this season. It's all about the number of wins.

Even if RU loses its next two games, wins three in the B1G tourney, but loses in the final, there's no way they are keeping us out of the dance with a 19-15 record.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT