ADVERTISEMENT

RU Wrestling to Face No. 4 Michigan Feb. 1 on Super Saturday at MSG

What an ODD article subject line...WHY Note that Michigan finished number four yet not note where we finished?

What an ODD article subject line...WHY Note that Michigan finished number four yet not note where we finished?

Also RU BB plays Michigan BB same day at MSG. Although they did say 'Super Saturday' in the headline.

My wife just got an e-mail about it. All I heard was, hunny we're going to NYC on Feb. 1st. My heart raced, I thought I was getting dragged to another Broadway show or Barbara Streisand concert(worst show I have ever been to in my entire life it absolutely sucked). She said, "no silly, it's Rutgers Wrestling". I have never been so relieved.

You were right about MSG, they do have good food options now. Spent most of the Barabara Streisand concert eating in the food courts. Sorry I doubted you.

My wife just got an e-mail about it. All I heard was, hunny we're going to NYC on Feb. 1st. My heart raced, I thought I was getting dragged to another Broadway show or Barbara Streisand concert(worst show I have ever been to in my entire life it absolutely sucked). She said, "no silly, it's Rutgers Wrestling". I have never been so relieved.

You were right about MSG, they do have good food options now. Spent most of the Barabara Streisand concert eating in the food courts. Sorry I doubted you.

During the 80s the stairwells off the concourses became 'opium dens' lol Packed with fans, mostly young and drunk, lighting up weed and hash.

Can RU release the full wrestling schedule at this point now that both Men's and women's basketball released theirs?

I may be wrong, but I think the Big 10 gives the ok when all schools have their schedules complete, and then all the schools release pretty much on the same day. Flowrestling doesn't have any Big10 matches on their schedule yet, probably waiting on the same.

I may be wrong, but I think the Big 10 gives the ok when all schools have their schedules complete, and then all the schools release pretty much on the same day. Flowrestling doesn't have any Big10 matches on their schedule yet, probably waiting on the same.
No. This isn't right. I know that because PSU is notorious for releasing their schedule very, very late. By the time it comes out, virtually everything is pieced together from everyone else's schedules, so the only remaining questions are the tournaments.

Reactions: obrats

I'm not a fan myself (except for her role in A Star is Born), but I can't help but ask about the Babs concert. Were you a fan of hers before the show, or dragged into it from your wife? What made the show so bad?

I'm not a fan myself (except for her role in A Star is Born), but I can't help but ask about the Babs concert. Were you a fan of hers before the show, or dragged into it from your wife? What made the show so bad?
Dragged kicking and screaming. LOL. My wife's a fan and was one of those see her now or you will never again in your lifetime, moment. So I bought it for her anniversary present. Easy, done thinking about it, boy did I not realize the sh*t I was about to step in.

OK now for the show. The 1st Act was a lot of walk down memory lane complete with videos and slide show. The entire second Act was an hour and a half political rally. A little fine, I expected it, but an hour and a half? My Goodness. If you weren't a left leaning Democrat she made you feel very unwelcome. Like the line, "well do we have any Republicans in the audience?" I guess you're paying customers as well, with an exaggerated eyeroll at the end. The digs were constant for anyone who didn't view things the same as her.

I paid a sh*t ton of money for this? For my wife to fulfill here dream of seeing you live? And this is the sh*t you're going to give me? It was just a huge waste of money. Her voice is still great, but you don't get much of that. I've been to plenty of concerts for my wife where I don't like the music. This one goes down as the worst concert I've ever been to in my entire life. My wife wasn't thrilled with it either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ban Basketball
Dragged kicking and screaming. LOL. My wife's a fan and was one of those see her now or you will never again in your lifetime, moment. So I bought it for her anniversary present. Easy, done thinking about it, boy did I not realize the sh*t I was about to step in.

OK now for the show. The 1st Act was a lot of walk down memory lane complete with videos and slide show. The entire second Act was an hour and a half political rally. A little fine, I expected it, but an hour and a half? My Goodness. If you weren't a left leaning Democrat she made you feel very unwelcome. Like the line, "well do we have any Republicans in the audience?" I guess you're paying customers as well, with an exaggerated eyeroll at the end. The digs were constant for anyone who didn't view things the same as her.

I paid a sh*t ton of money for this? For my wife to fulfill here dream of seeing you live? And this is the sh*t you're going to give me? It was just a huge waste of money. Her voice is still great, but you don't get much of that. I've been to plenty of concerts for my wife where I don't like the music. This one goes down as the worst concert I've ever been to in my entire life. My wife wasn't thrilled with it either.
LOL! I can imagine that that would have been a long evening.

I don't vote nor participate in this crazy-assed thing that we call a "political system" any longer, so I'd be less bothered by it today, but that is tacky to make your frickin concert a political rally. It's disrespectful to me, and, yeah, I'd have been teed off too if I felt treaded on that way.

Thanks for sharing; I did get a laugh out of it.

Reactions: koleszar
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT