ADVERTISEMENT

Ruh Roh, Oregon

Don't count on Oregon being punished severely, expect a slap on the wrists .
When it comes to programs with powerful backers and money to fight them, the NCAA finds excuses to back off .

Any sanctions the NCAA hands out in Oregon will be given to Portland St and the Vikings will need to Duck for cover.:D

Reactions: statenman

Male ducks have corkscrew detachable penises.

Think EO is on the receiving end of this one:

enhanced-buzz-14913-1408707298-14.jpg

MO

Can someone refresh my memory on what Oregon is accused of doing? Was it something to do with Brian Bowen?

He has all of next year to accomplish that as a sitout transfer.
Making him eligible to leave Oregon as a Grad transfer before even playing a game as a Duck .
[winking]
Don't know if that can be done, but funny as hell if it did happen [roll]

Making him eligible to leave Oregon as a Grad transfer before even playing a game as a Duck .
[winking]
Don't know if that can be done, but funny as hell if it did happen [roll]

This was always a possibility as a 2 for 1 anyway - he could redshirt a year, get his degree, then grad transfer somewhere else.

This is too funny:

Eugene pulls a scum move, commits to a scum school IN Eugene, and they’re gonna get banned. HOLY POETIC JUSTICE.

You reap what you sew. Remember that Eugene.
Why was it a “scum” move? Because he exercised his right to go wherever he pleases and it happens to mean not at Rutgers? Do you justify YOUR life decisions to others? You’re suggesting a level of loyalty where one is neither expected nor required...I hate to break it to you!

What if Zion Williamson had decided to leave Duke for Rutgers? Would you have been ill at ease with his lack of loyalty towards the Blue Devils??

Reactions: RUinFla
He has all of next year to accomplish that as a sitout transfer.

Come to think of it I couldn’t care less lol!
Why was it a “scum” move? Because he exercised his right to go wherever he pleases and it happens to mean not at Rutgers? Do you justify YOUR life decisions to others? You’re suggesting a level of loyalty where one is neither expected nor required...I hate to break it to you!

What if Zion Williamson had decided to leave Duke for Rutgers? Would you have been ill at ease with his lack of loyalty towards the Blue Devils??

It’s the way he went about tings AND I am welcome to my opinion ...geeze....this isn’t Venezuela!

Most of our fanbase feels the same, btw.

Reactions: rubigtimenow

1) he came to RU as a freshman barely being able to dribble, pike and staff developed him into an average big ten forward which is a HUGE accomplishment for where he started

2) pike named him captain and he left his team without notice

3) he blindsided pike LATE in May with leaving not allowing him to prepare/add another depth piece

4) pike was the only p5 coach to offer him. Dont give me the bullshit he had other p5 offers. Theres a reason why he committed in august 3 weeks before school started

5) he couldnt even spell pikes name right, he announced on instagram in the middle of the night without telling his teammates.

It was a scumbag low life move.

Oregon not even mentioned in Yahoos report about possible programs to be impacted.

They’re fine.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...-of-allegations-following-ncaa-investigation/

they might not get punished, but they are being mentioned elsewhere about a violation

During two federal criminal trials in the Southern District of New York, there was evidence presented or testimony from witnesses that coaches at a handful of other schools, including Creighton, Kansas, Louisville, NC State and Oregon, allegedly made offers of improper payments to players and their families or were providing them with payments.

1) he came to RU as a freshman barely being able to dribble, pike and staff developed him into an average big ten forward which is a HUGE accomplishment for where he started

3) he blindsided pike LATE in May with leaving not allowing him to prepare/add another depth piece

4) pike was the only p5 coach to offer him. Dont give me the bullshit he had other p5 offers. Theres a reason why he committed in august 3 weeks before school started

5) he couldnt even spell pikes name right, he announced on instagram in the middle of the night without telling his teammates.

I don't like it but it is his choice choose to come here to Rutgers and he chose to leave still his choice no matter what

He went about his decision to transfer in terrible fashion, but those calling him a scum bag and a low life should look in the mirror if they are going to go after a 20 year old like that.

Reactions: RutgHoops
I don't like it but it is his choice choose to come here to Rutgers and he chose to leave still his choice no matter what
Sure thats fine, and youre right, it is his choice. Doesnt mean its not a low life scumbag move how it went down though and how he went about it all factors considered

The guy is a rising senior... he should be mature enough to know the proper way to go about transferring and have enough respect for his current team to go about it that way. Sure, there would be some sour grapes either way from many in the fan base, but at least he wouldn't be accused of doing it in a classless way.

The guy is a rising senior... he should be mature enough to know the proper way to go about transferring and have enough respect for his current team to go about it that way. Sure, there would be some sour grapes either way from many in the fan base, but at least he wouldn't be accused of doing it in a classless way.
what is the proper way to transfer?
Didn't EO notify Pike a couple of hours before notifying the world.

As for me, letting the coach know before telling the world is the right way to go.
As for teammates, it would be nice to inform them beforehand, but its better to keep it to yourself until letting the coach know in my opinion .

He went about his decision to transfer in terrible fashion, but those calling him a scum bag and a low life should look in the mirror if they are going to go after a 20 year old like that.

I (for one) said he pulled a “scum MOVE” and stand by it, sorry. No need to look anywhere he’s not a 16-year old high school kid flip-flopping.

what is the proper way to transfer?
Didn't EO notify Pike a couple of hours before notifying the world.

As for me, letting the coach know before telling the world is the right way to go.
As for teammates, it would be nice to inform them beforehand, but its better to keep it to yourself until letting the coach know in my opinion .

True, he did let Coach know ahead of time... but from the sound of it, Pike was blindsided. If you're unhappy or have a dream to play in the NCAA tourney that is greater than loyalty to a school, then announce you'll transfer in early April not late May over Twitter at midnight. He made it much harder to add to the roster by doing it when he did (not to mention the coach scheduling a road so he could play in front if his family).

We'll probably have to agree to disagree... but it just strikes me as a low class way of leaving a program literally in the middle of the night.

I can buy that. I'm not happy with how he went about this, but that doesn't make him a scumbag.

But he's no longer a Rutgers player, so I'm not going to root for him. I wish him well in life. But I don't wish him success on the basketball court.

Reactions: RutgHoops

terrible post once again from you

A kid with a gimpy knee and therefore uncertain pro future probably got an offer of a decent under the table payday from the Ducks but he had to make a quick decision to grab it before it was rescinded. it kind of sucks the way it down but the kid had to do what's best for he and his family.

Reactions: RUSK97
No impact on players or postseason.
Their DOBO participated in a ton of individual workouts and, I don't know how Dana Altman allowed that or this one, acted as a referee during practices.

I think those are level II violations.

My guess is that while the DOBO was being a referee, one of the Oregon Compliance guys just happened to show up at practice and told Altman that they were going to have to self-report that violation.

I've never been a DOBO but there are two rules regarding DOBO that I have memorized:

1. No off campus recruiting is allowed
2. You are not allowed to be on the court during workouts or practices (which would seem to include being a referee)

Reactions: dvb91 and Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT