ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers announces spring practice football schedule / Starts March 24th

Mentioned elsewhere that some practices will be open to the public (or perhaps TD Club members, only?). Have the open practice dates been identified?

I heard Saturdays unconfirmed
Practice #5, Saturday April 2, is a day that Rutgers baseball hosts Indiana and Rutgers lacrosse hosts Johns Hopkins, both top-notch opponents. Let's hope that is one of the open practice days.

Practice #5, Saturday April 2, is a day that Rutgers baseball hosts Indiana and Rutgers lacrosse hosts Johns Hopkins, both top-notch opponents. Let's hope that is one of the open practice days.
There will probably not be as there is also a HS lacrosse game there that day. NJ vs LI

Last edited:
I've never been to a spring game (just to far out of way) but I'm very tempted to go to this years.

That is very interesting, is that an all star game? Annual event?
No it is a regular season game Madison vs Plainedge, Madison has two guys on the team and has a senior defenseman who is committed to Rutgers.

RU#1fan,
I have been going to Rutgers sports forever and I don't think I ever heard a Rutgers crowd boo someone like we did when Chris Simms and Texas came to Rutgers Stadium.

RU#1fan,
I have been going to Rutgers sports forever and I don't think I ever heard a Rutgers crowd boo someone like we did when Chris Simms and Texas came to Rutgers Stadium.

You are correct Heaven. Didn't help that Chris Simms did not even bother to show up at his own High School field that Saturday afternoon when RU brought the Spring Practice to Rampoo.
Kid had recruiting issues. Committed to Tennessee and then moved onto Texas.

I believe that was Terry Shea.
Shea and every coach before him had open practices. Greggies' first year
he tied yellow ropes around 4 trees and corraled us in like cattle. Then starting
the next year he stopped it all together, in return , he was going to give us us a national championship very soon. So the days we could talk to misses and mister
Leonard about Matt and the prospect of his younger brother coming down,
were gone. ..,,...... Oh, .....A Taylor:
Thanks for bringing up Schiaino, those were great memories, of being treated
like dirt, from a below average coach and person. Boy talk about a snake oil salesman.

Last edited:
"Practices are opened, he announced that on Tues at the N J Athletic Directors Conf. Practice today at 10am".

So which QB wasn't out there? In his presser he said "all 3" multiple times. Did I miss something? Thanks!

On April 6th at 10 am in the bubble practice is open to all students, it's Student Appreciation Day.

RU#1fan,
One of the funniest things I ever saw at a game. We blitzed the whole team on his first play under center. The place went nuts when we got a sack. Not sure but I think we sacked him twice.

That game was a lot closed then the score board showed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT