ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Baseball Releases 2022 Schedule

Two trips for 3 game series in Nebraska (Omaha and Lincoln) ? I would like to hear the rationale for going all the way to Hawaii to play 4 games. I see an away game at Seton Hall. I don't think we have played them in awhile have we?

Very cool—Playing Games in Texas, Hawaii, South Carolina, and North Carolina. Great to show recruits.

I like the schedule.
I'm waiting for someone to come out of the woodwork complaining that we no longer have the annual start-the-season beat down from the Miami Hurricanes.
Without games in Florida, I'll miss seeing us play at FGCU, which I looked forward to.

Reactions: bigmatt718
I like the schedule.
I'm waiting for someone to come out of the woodwork complaining that we no longer have the annual start-the-season beat down from the Miami Hurricanes.
Without games in Florida, I'll miss seeing us play at FGCU, which I looked forward to.
Starting almost automatically 0-3 every year was complete idiocy. I'm glad Owens cancelled that Opening Day series vs Miami.

Reactions: Mr_Twister
Two trips for 3 game series in Nebraska (Omaha and Lincoln) ? I would like to hear the rationale for going all the way to Hawaii to play 4 games. I see an away game at Seton Hall. I don't think we have played them in awhile have we?
The rationale is it rewards the players , puts them up against a very solid program with NCAA history .Though it is a 10 1/2 hour flight from Newark, NJ. It is what B1G time sports programs every so often do. Hope the kids enjoy their time on Oahu.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
The rationale is it rewards the players , puts them up against a very solid program with NCAA history .Though it is a 10 1/2 hour flight from Newark, NJ. It is what B1G time sports programs every so often do. Hope the kids enjoy their time on Oahu.
We aren’t some rinky dink school like Manhattan, Colgate, Robert Morris, etc. We are the major university in a state of NINE Million people with some pretty good baseball players and members of the Big Ten Conference. No reason we shouldn’t be scheduling multiple Top 20 teams every year. We aren’t going to up our recruiting and interest in the program playing minor schools.

It's freakin' HAWAII lol...what "rationale" do you actually need other than that?

We aren’t some rinky dink school like Manhattan, Colgate, Robert Morris, etc. We are the major university in a state of NINE Million people with some pretty good baseball players and members of the Big Ten Conference. No reason we shouldn’t be scheduling multiple Top 20 teams every year. We aren’t going to up our recruiting and interest in the program playing minor schools.

And yet many here seem to think the annual start against Miami was a bad thing. Seems to me that having them on the schedule every year would also help with recruiting. Fred Hill always played a tough OOC schedule. At this point, it just seems a bit excessive and unnecessary to go all the way to Hawaii to play four games. There are many locations (Florida, Texas, Carolinas, Arizona and California) in the continental US that can be nice perks for the team that also have good baseball programs. I honestly can't recall ever hearing a thing about the Hawaii program. Hey maybe it is not costing a lot more to go the extra distance but I would be surprised if that is the case.

And yet many here seem to think the annual start against Miami was a bad thing. Seems to me that having them on the schedule every year would also help with recruiting. Fred Hill always played a tough OOC schedule. At this point, it just seems a bit excessive and unnecessary to go all the way to Hawaii to play four games. There are many locations (Florida, Texas, Carolinas, Arizona and California) in the continental US that can be nice perks for the team that also have good baseball programs. I honestly can't recall ever hearing a thing about the Hawaii program. Hey maybe it is not costing a lot more to go the extra distance but I would be surprised if that is the case.
WHY is it "unnecessary"? It's spring break, the kids get to go to Hawaii, why does this bother you lol?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT