ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers baseball returns home for a three-game series with Maryland this weekend

Looking forward to it. I'm still thinking of driving up from AC to see the Saturday game...

Another loss due to lack of pitching and hitting.
Terps win 4-3 . Very telling .

It's time to fire HC Steve Owens! He's had 5 years here and is in second to last place in B1G 10. He has no chance of getting in the B1G Tourney and he will never get in the NCAA's. He has had his best years here with the last coaching regimes recruits -this is his team he recruited them after 5 years and can't win. Wake up Hobbs I thought you were about winning programs -Fire Owens the loser now! He doesn't teach fundamentals and the players and parents hate him. He is the highest paid coach in NJ and doesn't deserve -he is stealing money here. There are at least 20 other NJ state coaches who are better and can win here -Come on Hobbs NJ deserves better! Get rid of Steve Owens send him Back to D3 baseball where he belongs!

Better to win 1 game than get swept … and now 2 more wins ahead of Northwestern.

Rutgers lost the 2nd game 6-4 as once again pitching was an issue. Maryland has won 6 of last 8. 31-18 . Rutgers 25-21 and limp off into the sun set.

So I guess they’re doing ok? 25 or 26 wins against weak teams means we are not very good. This season is a big disappointment.

Reactions: LOU-RU85
Rutgers lost the 2nd game 6-4 as once again pitching was an issue. Maryland has won 6 of last 8. 31-18 . Rutgers 25-21 and limp off into the sun set.
I understand your comment, but watching from the Maryland side, I thought the Rutgers pitching was outstanding in the series. Even in that game, it was basically one hit in one inning that won the game. Knowing that starters were injured, I didn't expect that. All three games were there for the taking if the offense could have produced more...

Does the B1G omit the last two teams from the tournament?
bottom five are left out. Even if we win all six remaining it probably won't be nearly enough. I think we are five games out of the last spot with six to go. But didn't a wise man once say it ain't over till it's over?

Reactions: zappaa
The pitching is ok with several decent starters . It has been that way for the entire B1G season. How many in conference wins did RU have ? We lost perhaps 5-6 games because of a lack of quality middle relief and a real closer. This has to be corrected for next season. Every season it seems Rutgers has too many injured starters . It is the reason young players when they are first learning should do drills ( like long toss ) in order to strengthen their arms. Everyone is so concerned with hitting today but as many of us old guys learned….kids should be more concerned with fielding , throwing and the actual things that matter. Like bunting a baseball a skill hardly ever used it seems. Players getting injured is just a fact in sports. However Rutgers for some reason just always falls short on depth at the position. Need to do better by this Fall.

HC Steve Owens has been given 5 seasons to make this a winning program -He has failed. When Maryland coach Rob Vaughn took over that program he won multiple B1G titles and made appearances in the NCAA's. The new MD coach will make the B1g10 Tourney in his first year. Owens is in second to last place in the B1G having lost yet another conference series and will not make any tourneys. He is the highest paid Baseball Coach in NJ. We need to fire Steve Owens Now! #Firesteveowensnow

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT