ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Baseball Visits High Point to Open Spring Break

Looks like they split a DH yesterday. I wonder if they altered the normal weekend pitching rotation to save their best for UNC early next week?

Kind of sucks that High Point is 4-7 … not sure who they played, but need to win as many as you can. Unfortunately we’ve seen 44-15 doesn’t cut it.

I don’t expect to RU to drop a series to High Point … was hoping baseball had a shot at the B1G this year … not looking like it.

I don’t expect to RU to drop a series to High Point … was hoping baseball had a shot at the B1G this year … not looking like it.
Its difficult to recruit top tier recruits especially pitchers in the northeast because of the weather.Losing two games to High Point is very disappointing.

Reactions: rucoe89
Teams in weak baseball conferences should not be scheduling a series against RPI killers like High Point. Even if Rutgers had swept, it would not have been pretty. Losing two of three games was a RPI disaster (they dropped from #6 to #62; strength of schedule was in the forties, I think, but now it is 173). RPI is king in NCAA baseball right now.

There's a sweet spot for scheduling -- a team with a decent RPI that can likely be beaten in a series. High Point isn't it...

Teams in weak baseball conferences should not be scheduling a series against RPI killers like High Point. Even if Rutgers had swept, it would not have been pretty. Losing two of three games was a RPI disaster (they dropped from #6 to #62; strength of schedule was in the forties, I think, but now it is 173). RPI is king in NCAA baseball right now.

There's a sweet spot for scheduling -- a team with a decent RPI that can likely be beaten in a series. High Point isn't it...
Conference won't be weak next year once USC/UCLA/UO/UW come in. That said HPU series was an absolute disaster and the lineup is at fault. Hitting was absolutely an atrocity the whole weekend.

Conference won't be weak next year once USC/UCLA/UO/UW come in. That said HPU series was an absolute disaster and the lineup is at fault. Hitting was absolutely an atrocity the whole weekend.
Great point, I forgot about that!

Also, two games at North Carolina this week are going to help a lot...

Reactions: bigmatt718
HORRIBLE weekend. Batters stunk against one of the worst staffs in the nation (9+ ERA coming into the weekend).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT