ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Baseball Visits Minnesota in Final Regular Season Series

347819966_207731251586919_5779247940751373258_n.jpg

Not good but actually consistent with this squad. Sorry but maybe next season for Rutgers. Unless we win the B1G post season we are not going to the NCAA.

Rutgers blew a 6-1 lead and lost 8-7. Gorski blew it. Up 7-6 he got the first two men out in the bottom of the 9th and then gave up a single, another single and two run walk off double.

The season in microcosm.

Exactly … a very troubling loss… sorry that is just a choke job. Pitching is still the issue and until we get 2-3 stud starters we will experience this on a yearly basis I’m afraid. We Hit … We Field… We have a mediocre staff.

Team struggles on the road … rooting for the team to win, but no longer getting upset. Not a great year for RU sports. Thankful the team has a winning record. Would like to see 35 wins.

Team struggles on the road … rooting for the team to win, but no longer getting upset. Not a great year for RU sports. Thankful the team has a winning record. Would like to see 35 wins.
Actually coming into this series RU had one of the better road records, both in conference and out. It’s not so much where they play the matters, it’s been their pitiful bullpen.

Faltering down the stretch against a terrible conference opponent. It happens.
2021- RU was 8th in B1G at 21-23
2022- RU was 2nd in B1G at 17-7
2023- RU will end 14-10 or 13-11 and 5th or 6th?

A question (not a comment or attack) for those that follow the team closely: Is this progress?

@HRodriguez

That’s a wrap. Minny hits into DP to end game. RU finishes regular season 33-21 and 14-10 in conference play. On to the tournament.

For those interested RU baseball fans on the B1G BTN show the hostess and the analyst totally dissed Rutgers the 5 seed with only mention being Lasko and Brito a minuscule 20 sec mention . Now , I understand why but to fawn over Nebraska? Seems like a direct slight.

Faltering down the stretch against a terrible conference opponent. It happens.
2021- RU was 8th in B1G at 21-23
2022- RU was 2nd in B1G at 17-7
2023- RU will end 14-10 or 13-11 and 5th or 6th?

A question (not a comment or attack) for those that follow the team closely: Is this progress?

@HRodriguez
I follow B1G baseball very closely, and I think your program is improving every year. They are one of the top teams in the league. An odd bounce here or there for several teams could have changed the final standings substantially at the top. The starting pitching is good, and the offense is solid. So I think the program is on the way up.

Minnesota was a laughing stock at the beginning of the year, so the optics of this series might not look swell. But they were very good in the second half of the season, and much tougher to beat than earlier, when everybody but Maryland and Rutgers played them (the last two weekends)...

Reactions: Knight Shift
I live in southwest Florida, surrounded by lots of Big Ten fans. They watch the Big Ten Network. Back in NJ, I can’t say too many of my Rutgers friends watch Big Ten Network. Not surprising that Rutgers fans who watch feel that BTN slights us. BTN knows who watches and plays to the audience.

I live in southwest Florida, surrounded by lots of Big Ten fans. They watch the Big Ten Network. Back in NJ, I can’t say too many of my Rutgers friends watch Big Ten Network. Not surprising that Rutgers fans who watch feel that BTN slights us. BTN knows who watches and plays to the audience.
The BTN Network- you mean the Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin network? Here's Steve Martin describing Rutgers programming on BTN:

Congrats on salvaging the series with a win and finishing with a winning conference record.

What actually does that do for us going forward? We will have to win the B1G in order to get the automatic bid or Rutgers ( and we are a good team) will be having beach time and BBQ down the shore within 2 weeks.

I’m going to think BTN could grow their audience if they showed more live or recently contested Olympic sports. Instead of the constant infomercial of all things Ohio state and Michigan. I was at a hotel beach bar in Sarasota over Easter watching baseball on the SEC network (great production). Meanwhile in the BTN was a repeat of a Michigan bowl game from the early 90’s. Guy from Ohio sitting next to me and I laughed because there were 3 B1G baseball games and a couple lacrosse games being contested.

Well you need to take care of those B1G Blue Bloods. They are not smart enough on BTN to realize most aren’t watching replays of Ohio State-Michigan football unless they are fans. If not they are playing PSU- Ohio State. Sad but until you consistently win some real titles Rutgers -Maryland and others will be 2nd tier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT