ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers basketball: Tip times, venue, broadcast info for Las Vegas tournament finalized

Biggest news for me (other than the dates and tip times) is this:

The games will all be played inside MGM Grand Garden Arena on Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday in the final week of November, per Norlander. They will be broadcast on “all of Warner Bros. Discovery’s channels,” which include TNT, TBS, truTV, and streaming on HBO’s Max.

Getting games on regular cable TV (TNT, TBS, TruTV) is huuuuuge, and Max is a very popular streaming service.

The Original schedule said third game was to be on Friday??
Why the change?
They will be broadcast on “all of Warner Bros. Discovery’s channels,” which include TNT, TBS, truTV, and streaming on HBO’s Max.

could be a reason right here

As I posted in the other thread, I thought the previous speculation was that we would not be guaranteed to play both Houston and Bama. Playing them both, after opening with ND, is insane! I also like the extra day of rest for the team before the final game.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Well we got ourselves some serious competition playing both Alabama and Houston. I originally booked flights out Monday and leave Saturday morning. Other than the hassle of changing flight to probably Sunday morning and an extra hotel night I along with my entire family who will be celebrating Thanksgiving and Rutgers Basketball are absolutely thrilled and looking forward to it

Need to find out how to buy tickets as I might need at least 10. Anybody with details please post

It’s going to be tough to get more than one win here (ND is winnable) but I’m thrilled we are finally playing in a holiday tournament.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
It’s going to be tough to get more than one win here (ND is winnable) but I’m thrilled we are finally playing in a holiday tournament.
losses to Alabama and/or Houston won't hurt them in the eyes of the selection committee. Wins over either or both would be huge.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
These Vegas organizers are getting on my nerves. Would be nice if they could publish the dates officially on their website and start, ya know, selling tickets?

Right now their site still shows games on Friday instead of Saturday. Want to figure out Thanksgiving plans but would hate to book flights and hotels and then it changes again.

Loser mentality
He said it’s going to be tough, not impossible, not why are we playing in this tournament, not this will ruin the season. Chill….those two games will be against preseason final four favorites, there is no harm in saying they will be tough.

Norlander said they were supposed to officially announce TV partnership, schedules, etc, early this week. Maybe they're updating the site now??

Fans have been asking for a tougher out of conference schedule for the last 5 years. Well, it doesn't get much tougher than this.

Nice. Looks like they were indeed just updating it. Tickets go on sale this Friday.

Is anyone else going? Thinking about going to the Saturday game.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT